Chapter 5

Arin's POV

    I hung up and recollected myself. Why wasn't I feeling happy for Dan? In fact, I was feeling a bit angry, but at first I didn't know why. It took me a bit to realize how I was feeling. Jealous. I tried to laugh it off, but I couldn't.
    Dan was just my best friend, nothing more! Besides, I have Suzy. I can't just walk out like that. I should try to be supportive. Why was I thinking like this? This is so frustrating. Ross isn't that bad of a person, he would be good to Dan. Stop thinking like that, it's fine!
    The next day, I drove to work in silence. Dan and I were gonna record today, which gave me the perfect opportunity to talk with him. I wonder how Dan's feeling.
    I stepped into the recording room to see Dan, who had arrived early. He was in deep thought, staring at the ceiling, and trying to relax. He greeted me with a big smile, and a cheerful, "What's up?" trying to pretend not to be concerned with his own problems.
    "Not much," I lied, "You?"
    Dan sighed, "You know a lot happened yesterday. I'm exhausted just thinking about it!" He groans.
    I sit down beside Dan, putting an arm around him, trying to comfort him. He doesn't respond much, and continues to sit and worry. I couldn't do anything except be there for him like a good friend would do. Yeah, friends. The more I thought about it, the more unsatisfying the term became.
    "Arin, do you have any idea of what I should do?" Dan pleaded.
    "Wish I did," I mutter, giving him a pat on the back.
    "Well, let's just record or something, okay?"
    "Are you okay for recording?"
    He laughs, addressing my concern, "Am I gonna end up choosing between you and Ross?"
    "Danny-senpai!" I joke, both of us smiling and laughing, even though I felt that same jealousy again.
    "Alright," he smiles, "Let's get to recording!"
    We recorded a decent amount, and  called it a day. I returned home shortly after, and Dan went off to do whatever. I felt bad, feeling jealous, but I couldn't do anything about it, could I?