Chapter 13

Arin's POV
    With everyone gone, I could think for a while. I'm glad I have Barry here to help, or else who knows where I'd be. I knew full well that Dan couldn't be my own. The more I thought about it, the more tears fell, the more I had to choke back screams of agony.
    At the same time as I was crying over the fact that I couldn't love Dan, I was thinking about how terrible it was that I even wanted to in the first place. I have Suzy, and that will never change. Unless I make it. Stop thinking like that! Just stay happily where you are. Am I happy, though? No, I wasn't.
    I have to tell Suzy; it's best to be honest, even if things seem bad. Things will get better if you do, I told myself, just not immediately.
    I returned home that evening, crying myself out and preparing myself to say the truth to Suzy. I still didn't know what I was going to say as I eventually reached the door to our house. I felt dizzy, and nervous, and scared. I can't think like this! Too late now, I thought as I walked into the door.
Suzy's POV
    I turn as I hear the door open, and I see Arin, and I quickly start to feel bad. He looked like he'd been crying, his eyes were still glistening with what I assumed were tears, and he looked tired, and disoriented.
    "Arin! Sweetie, are you okay?" I run up to him in case he fainted or something.
    "Mngh, yea, I- I'm fine," Arin sniffled; it was clear that he was lying.
    "Babe, what's wrong?"
    "I-I have a lot on my mind, a-and I just need some time to think and-" he stopped, holding back a sob.
    "Arin, it's okay," I hug him from behind, which only made him cry more.
    "I-I'm so sorry!" Arin cried out, but why would he be sorry?
    "What? What do you have to be sorry for?" I asked, confused.
    I had something to tell him, but now it had to wait. Arin's going through something big already. Besides, did I really wanna tell him? I was still unsure.
Arin's POV
    Her love and concern only made this harder for me. I didn't want to tell her anymore. Why do you have to make this so hard, Suz?
    "I-" I take a deep breath, hoping for some tranquility within myself, "I have a lot to tell you," I stalled.
    "Like what?" Suzy could tell that this was very serious.
    "L-like," I hesitated; what if I'm making a mistake?
    "Please tell me, no matter what it is, I'll support you," She didn't know what was coming.
    "O-okay, umm, I-" I pause again, I was really nervous, "I might- might... Like Dan. A lot. I'm so, so sorry, Suz!"
    She seemed surprised, but yet not hurt, "Don't be sorry! I was- I was actually gonna tell you something similar..." Suzy was now the nervous one.
    "What? What is it?" That was unexpected, to say to least.
    "You know why Holly broke up with Ross?" Suzy asked, and of course, I have no idea.
    "Why?" I ask, expecting the answer.
    "We like each other..." Suzy blushed thinking about Holly, "Huh, guess we're both a bit gay," she laughed, trying to lighten the mood.
    "Thank god..." I sighed in relief, tearing up again, but this time, in happiness.