Chapter eight

Elecktra's point of view

I come home and start working on my homework, I'm always behind on homework. After I done a sufficient amount of homework, I decide to practise my singing. My mum taught me how to sing when I was younger and me and Dylan would always sing, and have a fun time. Now she's suddenly gone quiet, and never sings, except in front of me or when she's alone. Something's happened to her, something really bad which made her go almost mute, and shyer than before. The worst part is, she won't even tell me, and my heart breaks a little whenever I see her looking down. She used to be so fun, lively, eccentric. But now, it's like there's a shadow hovering over her, hiding her, intimidating her. And I've tried my best to return her back to her normal self, but she just seems to be stuck in someone's shadow, unable to step out of the shadow. I sigh, whenever I think of Dylan now, it just depresses me, I love her and I feel pain whenever she's unable to stand up to herself, or even maintain eye contact.

And now here's this totally buff guy who likes her (possibly) for her and she's too blind, too oblivious to even see it. She's lowering her self-esteem and doesn't believe in herself. She's a beautiful, amazing, talented girl and yet she portrays herself as a scared girl, who won't even kill a spider. I sigh. I start off with some warming up exercises, going over different scales. And then I start singing random songs, literally screaming them out to make myself not think about Dylan anymore. I did that until my throat went really dry, and I couldn't even speak anymore. I quickly drank some water and found my phone ringing. It was Hayden. "Hey Elecktra" he says, through his phone. "Hi!" I exclaim, brightly. I could feel my heart beating fast. "Do you have Dylan's number by any chance?" he asks. "Oh yes, why?" I asked, confused. "Could you maybe tell me her phone number?" he asks, sheepishly. I frown, but I play it off, "Sure!" I say, brightly. After exchanging numbers, we hang up. I feel hungry, so I make my way downstairs and grab a apple, and munch on it. MMM, there's nothing better than green, juicy apples, I think to myself, while happily munching on my snack. After that I get bored and call Dylan. It goes to voice mail, weird. Dylan never has her phone switched off. I sigh and decide to go to the park, as it is nice and sunny. I wear a sleeve-less shirt with short denim cut-off shorts. I slip into my flats and grab a little bag to put my phone in. I slap on some make-up and head out of the front door. I plug in my earphones, listening to ''La la la'' By Naughty Boy ft. Sam Smith. I sing along to the words, and reach the park.

Dylan's point of view

We walk through the field, talking and laughing like friends. Weird, I didn't look at the ground once, and Hayden was pretty funny. "You know, I'm glad I met you, Dylan. When I was first coming to this school, I was scared I wouldn't have many friends, but you and Elecktra became my friends, and I'm grateful for that, Thank you." Hayden said, smiling down at me. I swear my heart skipped several beats. "You're welcome" I say, smiling. We look at eachother for about several minutes. Then, Hayden slowly starts leaning in, and I start to panic, I quickly turn to avoid anything... awkward happening and spot Elecktra staring at us from a mile away. She wore a weird expression on her face, that I couldn't exactly make out. "ELECKTRAA!!" I scream, waving simultaneously. She pretends she didn't notice me and starts walking towards the swings. I break in to a run, Hayden in tow, and we reach her in no time. "Hey, Elecktra!" Hayden and I exclaim, at the same time. She just looks at both of us for a while and smiles, but it doesn't reach to her eyes. "Hey!" she says with fake enthusiasm. I frown. What's up with her? Why is she acting so weird? She was still smiling through gritted teeth. "Hey why don't we all go for ice-cream?!" Hayden suggests. "Sure!" I say back, a bit shy. Elecktra just nods her head and follows Hayden. I stare at her for a while, figuring out why she was being really weird. But then I just shrug it off. I mean she's a girl. Girls get mood swings, she's probably just on her period, I tell myself. I shrug my shoulders and follow them in to the ice-cream parlour.