Chapter 12: It's You

Jasselle slowed down as she pulled up to her home. She was determined to see her little brother one last time before she went through with this. This was the only way to end everything. It was all that she could do.

She ran out into the rain and climbed up the tree to get through her window. Once she fell inside, she looked around the cold room and spotted her mother's gold necklace sitting inside the jewelry closet. Water streaked down her features, causing her dark hair to cling to her skin. She was panting with anxiety and in a moment's decision, she took the necklace and laced it around her hand.

"Forgive me okaasan.." she whispered, before going to sneak into Kato's playroom.

Silently, she pushed past the door and smiled once her eyes gazed upon the sleeping boy that lay in front of the buzzing television screen. The only regret she would have from this would be the inability to see him grow and mature, and not to be there for him when life became tough.

A glossiness swept over her silver orbs and she gently stroked his brown hair before slowly retracting her hand and granting his forehead a kiss.

"I'll miss you, little brother.."

The downpour of rain against the window became louder with the clash of thunder, and she glanced out into it, before turning her attention back to Kato.

"... Sleep well." She let her eyes trail over the boy once more before abruptly turning to leave before her emotions could hinder her from going any further.
Returning the way she had come, she escaped down the tree and ran to Naruto's car. His leather seats were now wet from the water that cascaded from her body.
Panting and feeling the coldness, she quickly discarded her sweater, revealing a white blouse that was now transparent as it clung to her plump breasts. 

"'Kuso.." she mumbled while throwing the shift knob into drive and speeding off down the road.

The vast, green mountains on the backside of the town were home to a wide-raging river that carved through them from a nearby country, and formed into a waterfall that was high enough to cause sudden death.

The roads to get there were dangerous and far less traveled by, yet she knew them like the back of her hand. Throughout her life, it was where Jasselle she went to be alone and to clear her mind.

As she brought the car up the earthy hills, her mind began to wander to the shrouded memories of the past. There were things she had never gotten answers to and yet even feared to know.
Part of coping with it all was accepting her memory loss, but it made no sense to. She should have been able to remember much more...

Screeching the tires to a violent stop, she burst out into tears against the steering wheel. Violent screams rang from her sobs, as she clutched at the wheel with white knuckles. 

"Why... Why is it so hard?.." she mumbled.

Her beloved mother was dead. Her father wanted her dead. The only other person she had ever trusted and loved was possibly dead and gone from her life without a trace. When she was at the age of maturity, the doctor had told her that she would never bare a child, yet no one ever told her why this was. Everything was a secret.

"It's all lies.. this world is full of nothing but lies..." 

Disturbed and alone without any reason to continue on with this cycle of deception and pain, she gathered the courage to step out into the downpour of the rain.

With Kesari’s necklace still laced within her fingers, she ran to the middle of the bridge and mindlessly stared at the riverbed below. 

Realizing that this would be the last thing she would see, she glanced down at the necklace in her hand and narrowed her eyes on the heart. She could still picture it... the pendant hanging loosely from the neck of Kesari's dead body.