Chapter 17: Loose Ends

A sunny side up egg sizzled in the pan as Itachi carefully poured water around it.

A soft yawn filled the quietness in the air and the Uchiha turned with a warm smile on his face. "Ohayo, Keiridasu."

The woman loosely draped in his robe ran into his arms and he spun her around once before kissing her on the forehead and setting her down. 

"Ohayo, Itachi." Ki'da chuckled softly and bit her lip before looking behind his back. "What do we have here?"

"I'm making eggs and toast. Are you hungry now?" he asked before concentrating once again on cooking. 

"Mm. Yeah, I am actually." she sighed in a relaxing way and leaned against the counter while running a hand through her hair.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked.

"Oh, don't even.." she trailed off with a smirk. "I haven't slept that good in... I'm not sure how long, perhaps ages." 

"Hn. Yokatta.." (I'm glad) He pressed a button on the toaster and took the toasted slices of bread before glancing at Keiridasu who stood staring at nothing in particular.

"Doushite?" he asked while arranging both of their plates.

"...My father." she furrowed her eyebrows while in deep thought.

After a few moments, Itachi placed the eggs onto their plates and went to the fridge for something else. 

"He's probably glad that I've disappeared from his life... I've always been nothing but a nuisance in his life anyways." she mumbled.

The Uchiha closed the fridge and poured juice into two glasses. ".. It bothers you?"

"...Yes. I don't want him in my life, but... at least we could have closure in some sort of way."

Itachi watched her pensive expression for a while before taking her hands and looking into her fiery amber eyes with a smile.

"If you need me to be with you, I will." 

A faint smile came to her lips that grew into a shy one as Itachi caressed her cheek in reassurance. 

"Arigato.." she whispered while holding his hand and looking into his eyes with confidence before glomping him to the floor with a soft chuckle.

"K-Ki'da~!" he began laughing with her in an embrace.

Later that day, Keiridasu and Itachi pulled up to her extravangant home.

"Are you going to be alright on your own?" he asked her. She nodded and gave him a reassuring smile before exiting the car and walking up the drive way.

Itachi sighed and faced forward while awaiting her return.

"Clarissa??" Ki'da called out while pushing past the door and looking around. 'Where is everyone?' she thought while walking into the area of her father's den. 

The place was a mess. An empty bottle of alcohol was tipped over on his desk, spilled over important documents and paperwork. 

"Kato?!" she called out towards the top of the staircase.

"Kato isn't here." a low voice replied, making her ambered eyes widen a bit.

"Janet isn't here either.." the voice contiued while a man in a loose black dress shirt with jeans came to the top of the staircase and stared down at her with a grin.