Chapter 16: Ai shiteru

The river before her glistened under the moonlight, while crickets and birds of the night made their symphony heard. Walking towards the edge of the riverbank, she glanced around, hoping for him to be here.

"Itachi~!" Ki'da ran onto the bridge looking around.

"Are you here?!" she yelled as she ran all the way across, nearly falling once again from a loose wooden panel under her feet. She quickly steadied herself and froze as an idea struck her.

A smirk grew on her lips and she climbed over the railing of the bridge, before diving into the teal waters.

Seconds passed before she emerged, thrashing around against the flow that would soon lead downstream into the waterfall. The current relentlessly pushed against her.

The woman gritted her teeth and looked around. All she could hear was the rushing of the waterfall, and the thought of falling to her death caused panic to settle in.

She was losing focus, and the current swiftly took her under and tossed her body straight into a rock. The impact took her breath and water rushed into her lungs, causing her to choke and panic even further.

'Am I really going to die from such a reckless decision...?' She thought moments before something grabbed her and forced her to the surface. Once emerged, she coughed up water and desperately tried to regain her breath while clinging onto the person who was now getting them to the riverbank.

The man groaned as he used his strength to climb up and onto the grass with her weight on his back.

Keiridasu released from him and coughed more water, before panting with an increasing smile on her face.

"I knew it... I knew you'd come." She breathed with a smile while laying there tiredly. The silk night gown clung to her wet body and revealed her womanly assets.

Though Itachi knew that wearing wet, cold clothing was just as dangerous and quickly discarded his shirt before placing it over his shoulder as he too, caught his breath.

The woman's eyes widened a bit and casted downward as a faint blush dusted her cheeks.

"What were you thinking?! You could have been hurt or even gotten yourself killed." he scolded.

"I just.. wanted to see you." she replied lowly.

Itachi looked at her incredulously. "So you foolishly throw your life to the wind, hoping for the chance that I would show up on a whim?"

Seeing him upset felt unfair. She had every right to be upset with him just as much or more than he was.

"I only did it so that I could see you!" she yelled back at him. "After all, you were the one who left me in front of Naruto's house with no goodbye or anything whatsoever!"

"Jasselle." He said her name warningly which she ignored.

"How was I supposed to know where you would be, Itachi? You left me with no choice, and deceived me altogether- So don't scold me when you're no more innocent than I am." she argued with full on attitude before realizing how she was behaving towards him.

"..Gomenasai." Biting her lip, she violently averted her gaze only to be caught by the chin and directed back to Itachi's gaze that showed nothing but calmness.

"Wakatteru. I'm here.. Now what is it that you wanted me for?" he whispered, giving her chills under his intimidating yet gentle aura.

She blushed and kept her eyes to the side. "I.. came to tell you that Minato took me in as his daughter, and that my name isn't really my name. It's Keiridasu... And this seal..." she sighed while closing her eyes in defeat. "Of course you already know about this..." she mumbled.