θ

Dia stared at the three in front of her. She wanted some answers. And these beings could give it to her.

"Before you begin bombarding us with questions, we're here to tell you only what you need to know." Lakhesis began, putting Klotho down on the bed. Unlike a normal baby, Klotho sat calmly, looking at Dia. Then again... Klotho was as far from a normal baby as one could get; she was the goddess who spun the thread of life. The beginning.

"So don't bother asking any useless questions dearie, we know you would, but just saying." Atropos gave her a false smile. Out of the three, she seemed to be strictest. "Come, sit." She motioned to the bed. Dia slowly approached them, wary and keeping her distance. She sat down on the bed, away from Klotho. The other two goddesses sat down in mid-air. Immediately, before they took a seat, blue sparkles of dust formed underneath them and materialised into thrones of shiny white snow. "Tell us, do you know what colour your string is?" The old woman asked. Dia tried to desperately remember what the colours of the strings meant. A black string meant a human. A golden string meant an immortal. A blue string meant a server of the gods. A red string meant an animal. A green string meant a creation of Gaia.

"Black?" Dia questioned. "Or blue. Blue." She finished, satisfied with her answer.

"Your thread, is golden." Lakhesis began, slightly shocking Dia. "Nothing can cut it or break it. You are immortal, because you are a goddess. No one can take your life. But they can harm you, and weaken you. That, is the downside of being immortal. You are prone to torture." Lakhesis sighed. "Do you know your actual name?"
She asked. Dia raised her eyebrows.

"Dia Gra-?" She began.

"Wrong missy." Atropos cackled, a laughter that could hurt a mortal's ears. "Your name is different, no, something important. It leads to your mother." She sneered at the girl in satisfaction.

"We seem to have made a mistake... You were not meant to meet Lord Aïdoneús yet. You were meant to be off age. Something has made us back that event up to more than an entire year. Which means you are open to be harmed by his father, Hades." Lakhesis said softly. 

"He did not consider you a threat to his boy till you came. He knew you would come. He was ready. But he cannot go against us. You are meant to follow your destiny. I have decided your fate. Lakhesis has laid it for you. We just need to protect you from Hades." Atropos continued.

"We know that you are yearning to ask why-and you shall know. Just... Not yet." Lakhesis said quickly when she saw Dia begin to open her mouth. "As a child, do you remember how you had the ability to bend metal?" Lakhesis asked. "You thought you lost that power as you grew but no, you didn't. It is still deep in you. You cannot lose an ability your father has gifted you; no."

"And much like you don't expect, you have a defense mechanism. It can only be triggered when you are in danger, until you come off age. Lord Phaeton is your patron, mentor and trainer. He will help you control this ability." Atropos now seemed less fierce and more worried.

"You can only meet your parents when you are off age. We cannot make that event happen any faster. For now, you must get on Hades' good side. He is not good to have as an enemy." Lakhesis warned Dia. "You will know how to do that eventually. It will come to you."

"And you need to get the fate back in order who ever meddled with Lord Aïdoneús's heart completely messed up the threads. He now hates you. You need to make him fall for you as soon as you can girlie or the fates will get mixed up. We cannot have that happening we have enough to take care of."

"And we know you're wondering so we will tell you this; the prophecy." Lakhesis began softly.

ΛΛΛ

8 Heirs will be born,
From 10 Olympic Gods,
1 of them would make them mourn,
For Olympus shall fall,

That child is evil with a tainted heart,
That child cannot be torn,
That child shall make Chaos rise,
Mount Olympus will be gone

VVV

"We do not know who this child is that the prophecy speaks of. It was safest that they forbid their children from Mount Olympus. We might spin the threads and control the fates but somethings do surprise even us." Lakhesis continued.

"You cannot stop the fates but sometimes, some people do meddle in them." Atropos scowled. "As for Lord Aïdoneús, the reason why he got to live with his father his entire life was due to the fact that Hades, even being an Olympic god, did not live on Mount Olympus, rather, he lived in the Underworld; yes, Lord Aïdoneús has been living in the Underworld until he was cast away what do you expect?" Atropos put on a frown. "Hermes's child has also been in contact with him as he is the God of travel and he did not stay on Olympus often. I'm not telling you figure that out for yourself."

Dia was highly astonished and in awe of the two women. They knew the questions that tugged in her head before she even asked. Of course, they didn't answer some questions but the answers she had received so far were enough to satisfy her curiosity.

"Back to the one question that has been bothering you for a long time..." Lakhesis sighed.

"Now?" Atropos stared at Lakhesis as if she was a mortal now. Mortified.

"We must. She needs to be aware of her full capabilities."

"But it is too soon." Atropos protested.

"The events have backtracked and been preponed by an year, I believe it is time we told her. It cannot wait." Lakhesis argued. Atropos stared at her in silence for a while.

"I suppose so." She finally huffed. Lakhesis turned to Dia calmly.

"Your name and your mother are important parts of you. You must never ever intentionally reveal yourself. Especially to a mortal. If a mortal finds out; either you avoid them as much as possible, remove their memories, or..." Lakhesis gave a glance at Atropos through the corner of her eyes as she leaned forward. "Their thread would be cut." She finished. "Your mother, dear child, is Goddess Aphrodite, and your name,"  the voice that spoke next belonged neither to Lakhesis nor Atropos but more to the young man standing at the doorway, his raven hair hanging tousled up in his usual fashion and his dark black eyes boring deep into Dia's.

"Is Aphrodia."