Chapter Five

A/N: Hey everyone, thank you for being so patient with me with the uploading of this fic. I'm hoping to update more frequently. As of recently I've had some really tough days with some medical news I found out about a family member. It's shaken me up pretty bad, but i'm trying my best to be positive. In doing so, I am going to focus all my leftover energy into my writing. On a good note, I have two chapters being submitted, this is the first. I hope you enjoy it and thanks again for being patient.

Isaac followed Allison out into the corridor and around past the sports office to the entrance to the back field. "So, you like Lacrosse?" Isaac asked "It's fun to watch, but I wouldn't know the first thing about playing" she laughed, "I play" Isaac smiled, "You do? Did you try out for the team yesterday?" she encouraged, "No, I wasn't officially enrolled so I decided to head home" he sighed. "You know you should be able to try out seeming as you're an official student now" Allison confirmed. "Is that so?" Isaac laughed.

Allison led Isaac to the Lacrosse bleachers and sat down opening her bag to reveal some food. "Do you always sit out here?" Isaac questioned, "Most of the time, my friends and I sit out here normally" she smiled pulling an apple from her bag. "It's a good spot" he commented. "You've already met Lydia, the strawberry blonde. You still need to meet Scott and Stiles" she chattered. "I don't do well with groups, I'm already nervous as it is" he said embarrassed. "I make you nervous?" Allison frowned taking a bite of her apple, "A little, it's not you, I'm just used to being on my own, you know?" Isaac continued. "You don't strike me as the loner type Isaac, I mean you're quiet but so was I when I first transferred here" she smiled. "You didn't grow up here?" he questioned. "My family transferred me here last year, I didn't really like it at first but it's not as bad as I thought it would be" she laughed.

The pair chattered until the lunch bell rang. A sea of students walked out onto the field amongst the dozens of students that emerged from the building Allison spotted Lydia and Stiles walking over towards them. As they got closer Isaac began to feel nauseous, swallowing hard he looked up to see a short haired brunette boy hand entwined with the strawberry blonde stop to stand in front of Allison. "Hi Isaac" Lydia smiled. Isaac paused for a moment, "Hi Lydia" he replied. "So Allison, are you free this afternoon?" Lydia trailed. Stiles sat down next to Isaac tugging his bag off his back. "So you're the mysterious new guy?" Stiles joked. "Mysterious?" Isaac said nervously. "Allison mentioned she met some new guy and said we should meet him" Stiles reassured. Isaac smiled his hands beginning to shake, "Hey uh Allison, it was nice chatting I think I'm going to go do some of that chemistry reading" Isaac gulped picking up his backpack and heading towards the brick building. "Oh okay Isaac, I'll see you later then" she called out after him. Allison pondered a minute "He doesn't even have a textbook" she muttered under her breath before sitting back down with Lydia and Stiles.

After walking off the field Isaac broke out into a sprint in the direction of the library. After reaching the double doors he planted his palms firmly against the brick wall beside them as he bent over to breathe in deeply. A few minutes past before a familiar face appeared in his peripheral vision. Allison. Isaac quickly stood up straight and shoved his hands in his pockets. "Isaac, are you okay?" she asked. "Yeah, I'm okay" he breathed. "Are you sure? You just kind of took off" Allison worried. "Here, let's go inside and we can study together" she smiled. Isaac picked up his backpack silently breathing deep to calm himself down. They walked over to an empty table in the middle of the library, students were scattered in chairs rarely ever looking up. Allison pulled her chemistry textbook out of her handbag and placed it on the table. "Sorry about earlier" Isaac whispered before pulling out the scraps of paper from the lesson. "It's no problem Isaac, really" she smiled. Allison flipped the textbook open to the first chapter and began scanning the page, her honey brown eyes flickering left and right. "The Periodic Table" Isaac reminded. "Oh yeah, that's right she said finding it on the page seconds later. Isaac and Allison studied for the rest of the hour before the bell sounded again.

"Well, I think you're all set for class tomorrow,if Harris pulls out a pop quiz you'll be fine" Allison smiled. "Thanks to you"Isaac confessed. "All I did was share my textbook with you, the rest was allwith that brain of yours" she smiled. Isaac folded the papers and placed themin his bag. Allison finished packing away her textbook and pens, when shelooked up Isaac had already left. A frown sprawled across her face as shewalked out into the corridor, her eyes searched for Isaac in the packs ofstudents that had re-entered the building for a few minutes but she couldn'tspot him reluctantly she headed to her Economics class.