Honey, this mirror isn't big enough for the both of us

Chapter Five.

Frank laughed, "A hundred duck sized horses?"

"Or one horse sized duck." Kye giggled.

The Way family watched them, laughter escaping their lips; curious as to what Frank's answer would be. They all had been asked this question before.

"A hundred duck sized horses." Frank snorted, "that's my answer and I'll stick to it."

Frank reached for another slice of cheese pizza.

"What made you decide you wanted to be a vegetarian?" Mrs. Way asked, a smile planted on her face. He liked the way her eyes lit up and lines appeared by her eyes.

"I've been a vegetarian for three years now, " Frank said softly; he wasn't used to people asking, he looked around and everyone showed a genuine interest, "Mainly because I saw a video about how they were treated and I didn't want to be apart of that."

Mrs. Way smiled, "That's great. "

Frank nodded and looked down at his pizza. He was glad Kye was sharing the cheese pizza with him. He would have felt bad if Mrs. Way had ordered a cheese pizza for just him.

Mrs. Way got up and began to clean up the kitchen. "After you're done, walk Kye home, Gerard."

Gerard nodded, "I planned on it Ma."

"And Frank, how are you getting home?"

"I don't live very far from Kye, I'll be walking home too." Frank answered softly.

"Wonderful, I would say you're welcome to stay but seeing as tomorrow is a school day..." Mrs. Way trailed off with a smile.

"I understand." Frank said, standing up and throwing his paper plate away.
"I didn't know you lived near by." Kye whispered as he passed.

Frank shrugged, "I didn't know till I walked you home."

He could tell she wanted to ask more questions. He watched as Gerard's mother grabbed a stick of death and went outside.

"Hey, can I go with you guys?" Mikey asked.

Gerard put an arm on Frank's shoulder, "Not today kid. Maybe next time."

"I'm not a kid..." Mikey mumbled and exited the kitchen.

Gerard rolled his eyes, "He'll always be a kid to me."

Frank shoved Gerard's arm off his shoulder. "Yeah, whatever. But I'm not an armrest and don't treat me as such." The small male crossed his arms.

Gerard smirked and threw his arms around Frank. "Oh Frankie, don't be mad at me."

"Get off me, you pansy!"

"Boys! Boys!" Kye giggled and joined the hug.

Mrs. Way leaned against the door frame, a smile playing on her lips. "Oh Gerard," she let out a soft breath, "I'm glad to see you like this." She tip toed down the hall way.

~*~*~-*~

Frank watched as Gerard pulled Kye into a hug and whisper something into her ear.

Kye noddly feebly before entering the house.

"Is there something going on that I should know about?" Frank asked as Gerard walked down the driveway.

Gerard rolled his eyes, huffing. "We already explained our relationship. "

Frank shrugged, "Alright man, whatever you say."

Gerard walked alongside Frank, his hands shoved into his pockets. The wind blew his black hair wildly.

"Why is Kye afraid to go home?" Frank asked softly, kicking a pebble down the sidewalk.

He noticed Gerard grind his teeth together from the corner of his eye.

"You'll have to ask her." The older boy muttered.

Frank huffed, clearly not happy with that answer. "Why haven't you done anything about it?"

Gerard stopped in his tracks. His brown eyes narrowed, "I'm trying. I'm still just a kid. I can't do much, I'm trying Frank....But don't put your nose where it doesn't belong."

"I think I deserve to know! You guys are my friends now!" Frank stood on the corner of his road.

Gerard paused, "And you should be grateful for that."

Frank snorted, "I am. "

"Good, because you're changing everything. It was just us and now it's us plus you."

Frank looked at Gerard's face, it hadn't changed but his eyes looked sad. Was Gerard scared of him?

No. Not of himself. Maybe the change.

"Goodnight Gerard." Frank didn't wait as he turned his heel and ran down the road.

--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_-
Sorry for the short chapter!
Happy Thanksgiving! What are some things you're grateful for?