Chapter5 † My Sister's Keeper

Copyright © 2013

A fuck nigga, that's that shit I don't like. (bang, bang)

A snitch nigga, that's that shit I don't like. (bang, bang)

A bitch nigga, that's that shit I don't like. (bang, bang)

Sneak dissahs, that's that shit I don't like.♪

*Sunni's POV*

I woke up around noon the next day. That was the best sleep I've had in a LONG time!

I got up and went to the bathroom to do my hygiene thing. When I walked into the living room, NoNo was already dressed looking like he was about to go somewhere.

"Finaaallly!!" he said when he saw me walking towards the kitchen.

"Shut up," I mumbled to him still halfway sleep. "I was tired," I said as I made myself a bowel of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

"Why you so tired?" he asked a little curious.

"No reason. I just ain't been gettin much sleep lately," I said while taking in a mouthful of cereal.

"You been having those dreams again?" he asked as he brushed down his waves.

"Yeah. But I'm good. I've been doing good," I told him.

Since I was 7, I've had these nightmares about my rapist. It replays over and over again in my dreams.

Sometimes it gets so bad to the point where I'll do ANYTHING not to fall asleep.

I'd sometimes go on a binge of Red Bull, energy drinks, adderall, you name it, for days. Even weeks at a time.

"You sure? I mean, I hate seeing you like this. With you living by yourself and all. You know I hate leaving you alone," he told me.

"I'm fine. I promise," I said with a convincing smile. So much so, I almost convinced myself.

I hope God doesn't get me for lying like that. Those nightmares have been getting worse and worse. Especially since summer was coming up. That's when it happened.

"Well, I gotta go take care of some business. I'll be back in a few," He informed me before he walked over to me and hugged me for what seemed like years. I wasn't complaining though. That's exactly what I needed right now.

He kissed me on my cheek and told me he loved me.

"I love you too, NoNo," I said with a wide ass grin. And with that, he was out the door.

I hated seeing my brother walk out of my crib. I wasn't 100% sure he'd make it back alive. He was a true thug, but he was my brother first.

I could only pray that nobody caught him slipping and took him away from me.

Once he left I just did a little spring cleaning and washed all of NoNo's clothes that he brought.

I'd just finished cleaning up when I realized I hadn't checked my phone all day. I ran into my room and grabbed my phone to see that I had 3 unread messages.

2 from Nicey and 1 from Anya.

*Text Mode*

NiceyBABY!!:

'Ayee! Party 2nite! We goin!'

NiceyBABY!!:

'Wake yo bitch ass up, Lucky Charmz!'

AnyaR.O.D.<3:

'What you doin today? I need to get out this house!'

*Text Mode Off*