Unskilled Player

I haven't write like this in quite a long time (more than a month i think) so I'm bit awkward in writing this form.

Inhale. Exhale.

So here goes..

~~~~~~~

"I remind you again, you guys better train properly if you want to remain in this team. The tournament is in three weeks. I'll not hesitate to eliminate whoever I think not suitable for this this team. Understand?" The blonde hair woman paced like a commando in front of the newcomers.

"Understand or not??" She shouted.

"Yes, captain!"

"Ok. You may dismiss."

The crowd dispersed. Everyone headed to the smelly locker room to change their clothes. As the other girls are collecting their things, this one girl still sitting leisurely on the bench with her phone. There's no sign that the girl will be leaving anytime soon.

"Aren't you going home yet?"

"Just a minute. I have something to do first."

"Do you want me to wait for you?"

"No, it's okay."

"Okay then. See you tomorrow, Yuki."

"See you tomorrow. Bye."

Miyuki waited for that girl to leave. That tall girl named Kaoru had been her close friend in the basketball team since the first day of selection. They both are a first timer in basketball. However, Kaoru catches up with the others pretty quickly. At least she can run fast and shoot the ball without any obstacle with a tall stature like that.

As all the other players left the gym, Miyuki made her way to the deserted court with a ball in her hands. Honestly the ball seems larger than herself.

With her phone playing Linkin Park songs with a high volume on the corner of the court, she paces to the three point line and takes her shooting position while her eyes fixes to the net.

'This time it will go in.'

She jumps and throws the ball with every pinch of energy left in her. The ball goes into a nice projectile, but lack of force that it descends way earlier before reaching the basket.

"Ah, please!"

The angry girl retrieves the ball and returns to her position to try another shot. This time, with a more firm position, she stared intensely to the basket that it could've broken if not for the metal that supports it. Once again she leaps and shoots the ball but with more power than before and prayed not so silently that the ball enter the basket.

It hits the board and bounces toward the net before rolling halfway through the circumference of the rim and fall outside the basket. One more failure for Miyuki.

"Damn it! Why can't you just get inside the stupid basket you idiot ball?"

She stomped her way towards the ball and kicks it with all her might, which is quite weaker than a ten years old child, but still, the ball rolls slowly to the pitch black area of the entrance before it stops.

"This is not a football, you know?" A male voice appears from the distance.

Miyuki swallows an imaginary lump in her throat. It is her sixth-worst nightmare. Someone saw her practicing her (un)skills when she's practicing alone. On top of that, it's a man. It's an old habit that she still cannot remove; hating men that she would feel a extremely high degree of annoyance and irritated whenever she's having an encounter with them. Or maybe, she simply scared of them. She prefer the first.

Her heart beats hundred and thirty-four time faster than the sound of footsteps as the man walks slowly toward her direction. The man emerges from the darkness and light falls into him, revealing his furious face.

"You should apologize to this ball. Right now."