Chapter 9

Chapter 9 (Not edited) 

[Lucca]

The next morning when I woke up from bed, I felt a warm figure clinging to me. At first, I was confused. Was I back in my old room in the main house? When I opened my eyes, the realization hit me like a ton of bricks.  My mate was sleeping soundly right next to me and I was stiff as a rock.

Hell…

I wanted me to take her, claim her and tell every male in this house that she was mine. Her small delicate shape molded to my side, absorbing my warmth. Shivering from the cold, her hands clutched the thin sheet under her chin. The house was cold; it was made that way to train the men of the cold conditions while we trained.

I looked at her wanting to share my heat, but then I remembered I was supposed to hate her for my absurd reasons, I didn’t even understand. My wolf wanted me touch her…forever and not let go, but I wanted to keep a space between us until I can remove the complications.

“What am I going to do with you?” I whispered looking at her.

She mumbled something and I stilled, wondering whether she was waking up. Instead, she turned to her other side and pulled the blanket along with her. It amused me that my mate was different than most females I’ve ever encountered.

She doesn’t take my crap, though it’s obvious I intimidate her. She doesn’t fall for me at first sight like most women I’ve hooked up with; but rather irritates me to no end.  

For now, I wasn’t going to tell anyone who she was to me.  

The guys were probably up right now and were waiting for me. She was going to stay with me at all times, whether she liked it or not and the guys will just have to accept her presence without complaint or confront me.

I got up from bed and rounded to the other side. “Wake up, we have a lot to do today.” I shook her shoulders and her brows pulled together in a scowl.

Her eyes opened. “What time is it?”

“4:30”

She gave me the expression I expected. “What are you doing this early in the morning? Even my dad doesn’t wake up at this time!”

I pulled the blanket from her clutches and she screamed, trying to take it back, but it was already on the floor.

“Why is your house so cold!” Her teeth clattered and I thought it was cute.

I ignored her question and grabbed her wrist. “Get up, don’t make me angry. It’s too early for that.”

She grabbed a pillow and threw it at my head.

I can’t believe she did that!

“Stay away from me you dominant dog!” She hopped out of bed and ran to the other side of the room away from me. She just had to stand right by the window, were the light highlighted her curvaceous body.

I groaned, turning my head so she could see my eyes. “I’m going to leave. I’ll give you fifteen minutes before I get back. You better be ready or I will drag you out this room naked if I have too.” No one was going to see her naked—over my dead body.

Her eyes widened. My threat was said, now’s my cue to leave. I grabbed some clothes from my closet and headed out. I guess I’ll have to borrow someone’s shower. Before I left, I made sure to lock my door from the inside. I trust my guys, but I wasn’t going to be careless when it comes to my mate.

Few minutes later I came back and she was wearing my robe. What was she thinking, is she trying to get jumped or something?