Chapter 7

Chapter 7: The Sketch

Trevor POV

Diana was the only woman I've ever met who'd talk back and go against me which makes her more fun to me-I knew I had made the right choice of choosing to marry her right on the spot upon seeing her innocent but sophisticated beauty at the gala, ghad I just love her face when she's annoyed or mad at me, 'yong paraan ng pagkunot noo niya at pagtingin niya ng masama sa akin, she have those pair of lovely purple eyes that glares at me as if shooting daggers, it's really funny how alive those flawless orbs are.

Tahimik kong hinintay si Diana, matapos ang halos kalahating oras niya sa banyo ng kwarto ay lumabas na rin siya, basa ang buhok niya dahil kakatapos lang niyang maligo, she looked sexy inside that large sized boys' shirt that expanded until her thighs, I gulped upon seeing those long smooth legs that she is sporting.

Tinignan niya ako ng masama noong nakita niya akong nakaupo sa king-sized bed, "tch, akala ko umalis ka na."

"Why would I?"

Nagbuntong hininga lang siya at hindi pinansin ang tanong ko, "ang hirap humanap ng matinong kausap." Parinig niya, binuksan niya ang isa sa mga maleta niya since hindi pa siya nag-a-unpack ng kanyang mga gamit, she rummaged through her things then took out a sketch pad and pencil case.

"What's that?"

"None of your business." Simpleng sagot niya, sinara na niya ang maleta niya at tinambak sa gilid ng kwarto namin.

"Wala ka bang balak mag-unpack ng mga gamit mo? I already made spaces for you sa walk-in closet." Maybe I'll try of engaging to her with normal conversations, hindi 'yong lagi na lang nagbabangayan.

"Mamaya." Tipid na sagot niya, kinuha na niya ang sketch pad niya at pencil case, "if you ever need me, nasa patio ng garden lang ako."

Ngumisi ako, "I need you now, Diana..."

Tinignan niya ulit ako ng masama, yes Diana, look at me-only me, "Trevor, sobra mo naman atang pinaiiral ang kalandian mo?" Asar na tanong ni Diana sa akin.

I chuckled devilishly. "Sa 'yo lang naman ako nagiging malandi, Diana..."

She huffed, completely irritated but didn't talk, instead, she stormed off our room with the art materials on her hand as if putting it to me that I'm not worth her time, that she can't afford losing her time talking to me.

Bigla akong nakaramdam ng inis noong wala na siya sa kwarto, matapos ang ilang minuto ay tumayo ako at lumabas, I decided to follow Diana to see what she was up to with those materials she was holding, upon reaching the large garden, agad ko siyang nakita na nakaupo sa wooden chair na nakakonekta sa isang picnic table sa may patio.

I watched her back against me as she sketch on her pad as if her life depends on it, her jet black hair fell naturally on her back and some strands of it move along with her right hand holding a sketch pencil, she clearly looked like a fallen angel with all those flowers surrounding her, complementing her lovely charisma.

Lumapit ako kay Diana at mukhang hindi niya ako napansin, she was too engrossed drawing her unfinished sketch and too oblivious of her surrounding to feel my presence, I could see passion on the way she draws-she clearly loves art, lumapit pa ako hangga't sa nasa likod na niya ako, my eyes trailed on the paper she had been working on and gaped.

Is that... is that my eyes?

***

Diana POV

Tumigil ako sa pagguhit nang mapansin kong may aninong nakaharang sa ilaw ng araw, lumingon ako at suminghap noong makitang si Trevor ang sanhi ng anino, his beautiful green eyes that angels carved to perfection stared behind me with amazement glinting, those pair of emerald eyes that I had been thinking all the time, as I focus my gaze on his eyes alone, it reflected the sketch I had been drawing...

Agad kong sinara ang sketch pad at tumayo, tinago ko ito sa likod ko kahit alam ko na walang silbi dahil nakita naman na niya ang pinagkakaabalahan ko...

Tumingin siya sa akin at ngumisi, "I know it's my eye."

"Asa!" Umiwas ako ng tingin, ramdam ko ang pamumula ng tenga ko.

"Really? Then why did you hide it?" Mas lalong lumaki ang ngisi niya sa labi noong makita ang pagngiwi ko. "Come on, finish your sketch and let me watch. I want to frame it once you're finished."

Bossy freak. "I'd rather not since you're around." Matigas na sabi ko. "Mas gusto kong mag-drawing ng mag-isa lang." I wasn't lying, hindi ako sanay na may nanonood sa akin sa tuwing nagdo-drawing ako, all my life my parents told me this was just a distraction and I should just focus on running their business... but I couldn't let go of this that's why sometimes I'd draw alone at the garden instead of reading some business related papers, art had already became a part of my life ever since... I feel like myself when I draw, it already became a part of me and if it is letting go of that part that I hold dearest, I wouldn't be complete anymore.

"You have great potential in arts, even if your sketch is unfinished, it's beautiful." Nagulat ako dahil sa biglang papuri ni Trevor sa akin, ramdam ko ang pagkabog ng puso ko, he was the first one to praise my works.

Ngumiti ako, "you think so?"

He stared at me for a moment before nodding in approval. "I can even tell that it is really my eye, even if it's black and white, I can tell."

Lumunok ako, "h-hindi mo naman mata-"

"Liar." He whispered in my ears, tumalikod na siya, "maiwan na kita mag-isa since you told me you can't sketch with somebody around."

***

Trevor POV

I never thought Diana would be drawing my eye. Even if it's still not yet done, I knew it was my eye. Who wouldn't know if it was theirs? But that's not what got mostly all of my attention...

Nagulat ako kanina dahil sa biglang pagngiti ni Diana sa akin, it wasn't that smile that is provoking nor challenging, it wasn't the devilish smile she would always show me when we're bantering, it was a real smile, the genuine smile that I had never seen before.

Hindi ko naiwasan kanina na mapatitig sa kanyang mga labi, those pouty red lips that's curved upwards into a bright smile just made my day, I wanted to kiss it. I wanted to see more of her smiles. I feel like I just saw some part of Diana opening up to me.

As I walk away, I didn't look back at Diana, I'm afraid I'd just want more of her. The moment I saw that smile I swore it will only be me, that smile is mine, I will be the only man whom she will smile genuinely and I will wipe off any man on the face of earth who will make her smile like that. Nobody makes her smile like that unless it was me. I'd never let any man become the reason why she smiles like that. I am enough.

Pinikit ko ang aking mga mata noong nasa loob na ako ng bahay, the image of her angelic face and those lips carved into a perfect smile flashed back and I couldn't help but crave for more.

"Tch, I think some glass of alcohol in the middle of the morning would sooth my manly desire."

***