six

I woke up with a pounding in my head. I noticed the reason I was shivering was because I didn't have a shirt on. I felt a weight on my chest and an arm around my waist. I expected to see curly brown hair to be splayed across my chest. I almost screamed when I looked down and saw Zayn. We were on Liam's living floor because Harry claimed the guest bed and Niall called sleeping with Li.

 I slowly got up, careful to not wake Z. I made my way to the kitchen. My sweatpants that were baggy drug the floor slightly. I got a glass of water and started looking around the counter for aspirin. "Morning sunshine." I almost jumped out of my skin. I turned quickly to see Harry leaning against the door frame James Dean style. He wasn't wearing a shirt either and I quickly blushed. "Jesus Harry, you scared the life out of me." I laughed quietly as he walked toward me. He hugged me tightly. Our chest were pushed together. He was so soft and his tattoos were beautifully littered across his skin. "You have a head ache?" he questioned after we pulled away. I nodded and he opened a drawer. I watched him pull out a bottle of aspirins and throw it in my direction. I caught it clumsily and fumbled with the lid. 

"Here," he said taking the bottle from me. "its' Louis proof." he smiled and I watched him take the cap of with ease. I silently wished I could be as graceful as he was. He handed me two tablets and I quietly thanked him. I could feel his stare on me while I swallowed the pills. "What?" I said looking down at my plain white socks. "You're truly beautiful Lou." he walked closer to me hooking a finger under my chin. He slowly raised my chin so I was looking up at him. "Don't let anyone tell you you're anything but that. I know you don't like what you see when you look in the mirror but you're perfect." all the air was kicked out of me. Why was he saying this? Why now?

 I almost whined when he pulled away and said he was going to go back to bed. I slowly walked back into the living room where Zayn was starting to wake up. I found my shirt and slid it on. "So what happened with you and Styles?" Zayn asked wiping the sleep out of his eyes. I told him what happened last night and also what just happened. The dark haired boy looked at me gaping. "I put on the best performance of my life so you can get teased? Nope, when we are done he is going to wish he had you." Z looked determined and I laughed at him. "You're mental." I said as I sat next to him. Harry walked in now with a grey sweatshirt on. He sat on the couch that Zayn had his back facing to. 

Before I knew it Zayn was crawling across the floor and capturing my lips between his. I held back a shocked sound and kissed back. When he pulled away we were both out of breath and our chest were moving up and down quickly. He winked at me before turning around. "Sorry, Haz. Didn't hear you come in." Harry was staring at us and he quickly jumped off the couch and sprinted into the bathroom. 

 Once Harry was out of the room I slapped Zayn's bare chest. "Hey it worked!" Zayn said pointing at the bathroom. "He is probably jealous out of his mind." I put a finger over my lips to signal for Zayn to be quiet. The bathroom door opened and Harry walked out. "Hey, tell the boys bye. I gotta get home." Harry said quickly. I waved at him and he said he'd call later. "You're welcome." Zayn smirked and I pushed his shoulder playfully.

Two Days Later 

 I laid on the dock looking up at the stars. My phone's speakers were blasting 'Lost Boy' by Troye Sivan. I sang a long to the chorus loudly since there was no one around. No one came to the dock at night besides Harry and I. 

 "You were always a good singer." Harry said sitting down next to me. I had texted him to meet me here. "Whatever." I scoffed and Harry laid back. We sat there quietly for a while before Harry asked, "Why did you want to meet?" he turned his head to look at me. I looked into his emerald eyes. "I missed you, Haz." I studied his face. His lips were a bright pink and so was the tip of his nose from the cold air. "I missed you, Lou." He didn't smile. 

 He almost looked upset. "Why are you sad H?" I asked quietly. He sat up and I followed. "I-I'm not sad. I'm just not happy." his voice was shaky like he was on the verge of tears. I snaked my arms around his waist and pulled him closer. "Why aren't you happy, love?" my voice was full of concern as I placed a kiss into his hair. "I don't- I just- I don't know." he was now crying. The sobs that were falling from his lips made his whole body tremble. "Sh.. It will all be okay." I cooed trying to calm him down. 

 Harry cried for around 15 minutes and when he stopped he hugged me for 15 more.  "Why are you here? I mean why are you still my friend?" Harry asked as he pulled away from our hug.  "Because you're my person. No matter where I go, who I meet, what time it is, you will always be my person. I will always want to go to you when I have news. " 'Wild' by Troye Sivan was now playing in the back ground. Harry sent me a smile that made me feel like I was home. "Sing to me if I'm your person." he giggled quietly. He quickly pulled me in between his legs so I had my back against his chest. "Leave this blue neighborhood, never knew lovin' could hurt this good, and it drives me wild." I continued to sing the rest of the chorus and Harry's head was now on my shoulder. "Zayn would be so jealous right now." he mumbled quietly and I bursted into laughter. Harry sent me a confused look. "Me and Zayn aren't together. It was just a.. joke." I clarified and Harry's face changed into what seemed like relief. "Oh. Ok. Good- I mean not good- I meant.. fuck." He mumbled frustratedly and I chuckled lightly. I just wish he knew.