twenty one

I woke up to the sound of shuffling and someone whispering. When I lazily opened my eyes Harry, Niall, Liam, and Zayn were standing around my bed. "SURPRISE!" the boys yelled and I was bombarded by hugs. I stood up and rubbed sleep from my eyes. I was aware that I was only in pajama pants that hung loosely around my hips. I felt Harry's eyes on me as I thanked the boys for coming over. "Well birthday boy, we'll leave so you can get ready for your party." Zayn wiggled his eye brow before giving me a final hug. I watched Zayn, Liam, and Niall exit. 

Harry shut the door to my bedroom before he turned to look at me. Blush rose in my cheeks as he looked me up and down. He played with his chocker as he walked toward me. His bright eyes got even brighter as he smiled at me. "Thank you for being here." I walked over to my window to look at the empty drive way. Mom's car was gone.  I felt strong arms wrap around my waist and lips on my bare shoulder. Harry's clothed chest was pressed against my back. "She'll remember this year." I shook my head. My heart ached but I refused to let my birthday suck this year. 

After the silence became to much Haz finally spoke up. "Liam said the have everything for the party. He also said to be their around nine. Now lets lay in bed and watch movies until we want to get ready." I smiled at Harry's voice that sounded so southing. 

The rest of the day was spent lounging around the house in pajamas with Harry still in a t shirt and jeans. We ate dinner in bed and decided that we should start getting ready. Harry took a shower first which gave me too much time to think about things. I thought back to Harry's journal and I was swallowed by my guilt. My thoughts were broken by Harry walking out of the bathroom in a white button up shirt that was only partially buttoned and black skinny jeans. His hair was dripping onto the white shirt. The swallows on his chest showed through the opaque shirt. Around his neck was the chocker with the small white pearl. He must have gone back and bought it. 

Harry snorted a laugh. His eyes flashed like highway signs. "Close your mouth." I had unconsciously dropped my jaw, who could blame me. Harry was jaw dropping. He smiled at me widely before pushing me into the bathroom to shower. 

Once I was done showering I realized I hadn't brought any clothes into the bathroom. I stepped out of the bathroom and into my room with only a towel around my waist. Harry looked at me over his phone. He was laying on my bed probably scrolling through twitter. I watched him set down his phone and lick his lips. "Is this a present for me on your birthday?" Harry raised his eyebrows and had a stupid smirk plastered across his face. I rolled my eyes and picked up my clothes. "You wish, Curly." 

I quickly put on my clothes and examined myself in the mirror. My black adidas shirt was cut low showing off my sharp collar bones. My black jeans hung low on my hips and were tight enough that my calf muscle showed through the rough fabric. I quickly ran my fingers through my fringe and left it down on my fore head. 

Harry was standing by the door when I exited the bathroom. His eyes went from mine all the way down to my black vans. I wanted to cover myself with my hands to block Harry's intense stare but before I could he strolled toward me. His hands came up to my cheeks and brought my mouth toward his. His lips were as soft as always and made my knees weak as always. My hands found their way onto the tight white shirt he had been wearing. I pulled away quickly when I heard the door being opened. My cheeks flushed as I stepped away from Harry. I could see Zayn's newly died white quiff standing tall on his head. His eyes were wide as he mumbled an apology. Harry simply smirked at him, "If you wanted to watch you could have just asked. We'll be here all week, Z." I snorted at Harry's comment. Zayn's face turned red as H winked at him. "I- uh.. We are ready when you two are." and with that Zayn left to go down stairs where I assumed Niall was waiting since Liam was setting up at his house. 

"Happy birthday babe." Harry kissed my lips once more. "This will be the best one yet." His smile made me anxious and excited at the same time. We left my room hand in hand and walked down the stairs. 

"Who's ready to have some fun?" Niall smiled widely. 

WOW its been a hot minute since I wrote. I missed it lots. Vote and comment please! Thanks for all the reads. 

All the love,

 Kate.