Chapter 10

"Do at least one thing everyday that will put a smile on your parent's face"

_____

"Abbu?" I raised an eyebrow to the baby's remark

"Yeah, there's a short story behind it. Actually one day in the market I heard a weeping sound and I followed the sound to know who that was. I saw a small girl sitting in the corner and weeping, I glanced her face and it spoke millions of emotions with a teary face. The moment I touched her she embraced me into a tight hug as if she was terrified, terrified with the people around here, terrified with this small world. There was no sign of her family, I tried to find them but eventually failed in that. It's been two months she's here and when I first met her all she was weeping about was to meet her Abbu and ammi. I wanted to make her feel comfortable, I wanted to make her feel like home but she only craved for her parents love. One day I told her that I am her Abbu, she smiled, she smiled for the first time. Oh my Allah that was the best feeling ever when she called me her Abbu" Ahmad said with wet eyes and a smiling face

"Abbu, idh thee ammi?" The girl asked again while tugging Ahmad's suit tightly
Ahmad picked up the girl and comforted her in his lap after taking a glance at me with his eyes speaking something in silence as if he wants me to say something to that little girl.

"Yesh yesh beta I am your ammi" I said while giving her a peck on the cheek
I can't believe I said that. Yeah yeah I know I have to behave rudely with Ahmad but I cannot do that to that innocent child who has been through all this.

"Ammi, I micchhed you" the girl said while throwing her hands in the air indicating me to embrace her
I carried her to my lap and she gave me a kiss. The girl is so small yet she knows what love is, may be because she has departed with her family at a very young age.

"What is your name?" I asked while she was busy eating her chocolate

"Chhana" she said while focussing more on her chocolate
I glanced at Ahmad and caught him already looking at me with a smiling face
Ugh

"Sana" he said smiling
Doesn't his cheek hurt by smiling this much?

One by one I was introduced to every child out there and Ahmad was no where to be seen, good for me because I need to avoid him more. We played with the children's living out there and then we bid good byes after maghrib promising everyone to meet again soon.

"Are you feeling okay now?" Ahmad asked while driving to which I didn't reply because I have to ignore him and regret his very first decision of marrying me.

The horn of the car snapped me out of my dream as I had slept in the car to our way home. Wow the house was huge with a small breath taking garden after all it was a doctor's house. The watch keeper opened the door for us and Ahmad drove the car to the parking lot. Ahmad ran to open the car door of my side with an everlasting smile. Now I have to go through the trauma of meeting his family. Ugh where am I trapped and how will I convince him and his family to leave and divorce me after all I have to live my rest of the life with Hazal.

"Which bag you need right now? I'll get it for you" he asked me

"The red one" I said rudely avoiding his gaze

I went towards the main door of the house without waiting for Ahmad. I rang the door bell but no one answered it. I rang it again but no response. What the heck? This is how people here welcome the newly wed bride.

"Here I have the keys" Ahmad said while hiding his smile and opening the lock.
Wait what? Where is his family? Will they not welcome me? I wanted to ask him about his family but remember I have to avoid talking to him?

I entered a big hall while Ahmad switched on the lights and the hall was really big with everything settled perfectly.

"Our room is upstairs" Ahmad said while showing the stairs
'Our?' Huh in your dreams buddy

I followed him upstairs to our room. Wait, did I just say 'our'? Argh Well its mine only mine until I am here. I'll soon kick him out of my room.

"This is our room" he said while opening the door of a bedroom
Wow the room is so neatly arranged and settled. Everything was kept in the right place.

"There is the washroom, you can freshen up" Ahmad said while placing my bag at the side of the cupboard and pointing his hands towards the washroom.
I opened my bag and picked out a random comfortable outfit to sleep in. I hurried to the washroom to freshen up and while taking bath I was constantly thinking about how to avoid him and be rude to him so that he can leave me alone forever.

"Assalamu alaikum, here is the food, you must be hungry right?" He entered with a tray to which I nodded without returning the salam back. I hadn't eaten food since morning and I wasn't looking forward to eat would be an understatement.
Woah he had brought Mc Aloo tikki and ice cream from Mc Donalds. When did he buy that?
We ate in silence and he later went to offer isha salah in masjid.

I was left all alone in the house, and so I was going through the things in the house. I opened the cupboard and to my dismay he had already arranged his clothes to one side leaving half space for my clothes. I was in no mood of arranging the clothes today as I was tired. While picturing the cupboard a photo album caught my eye and I picked it up to have a glance at it.

I sat on the floor beside the couch and opened the album. The first photo was of a couple at mid fifties, the lady had similar personality like Ahmad. She had pinkish glow and hazel eyes while the man had a yellowish glow. Obviously they were Ahmad's parent. I turned to second page and there was a party I guess because all were wearing fancy clothes. Females had wrapped their hijab neatly while males were wearing pathani suit. Beside Ahmad's parent the picture consisted of Ahmad, a girl looked like she was of my age or younger than me which I assume to be Ahmad's sister. Then there was a boy who looked younger than Ahmad and resembled like Ahmad's father which would obviously be his brother. And then there was a girl who resembled like Ahmad and her mom but looked quite innocent which I assume was around 15 or 16 years of age. So they were four sibling consisting of two brothers and two sisters, while Ahmad was the eldest. The next page consisted of pictures of all the family member except the girl which was of my age taken in Mecca. Wow they got the opportunity to offer haj. The pictures looked like it was recent pictures but why aren't they here? Is there any conflict between the family and Ahmad because it's very uncertain thing that they aren't here at their son's nikah. May be I can use it as my key to divorce. Planning and plotting my divorce I did not even realise and drifted off to sleep on the floor while my head was resting on the couch.

____

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatahu :)
I am so sorry this chapter was really boring na? Well I didn't like it and If you also don't like it then you don't need to vote here. I'll completely appreciate it and face the truth because for me a silent reader is better than a fake voter. And I want genuine votes on my work. Jazak Allahu khair ❤