Chapter 3

"Aww look they slept together."

"Take a picture so I can Instagram this."

"Shh! She's waking up..."

I woke up to the voices of Isabel and Reya. I felt someone's warm body against my back. I smiled, remembering that it was Niall. I would have gone back to sleep, if not for my two friends threatening to Instagram this moment.

"Go away or I'll cut you." I mumbled.

"Fine. We're going to breakfast anyways." Reya replied, before leaving with Isabel.

I snuggled back into Niall's arms, which were wrapped around me.

"Good morning princess." he said, kissing me on the cheek.

"Hey. I'm hungryyyy." I said. Honestly, I'm not a morning person, and the only thing that will get me awake is being hungry.

"So am I. Let's go get food." said Niall, getting out of bed and stretching.

He held out his hand, which I gladly accepted, and we walked down to breakfast.

After breakfast, Niall got dragged off to play football with Connor and the other guys, while me, Isabel, Reya, and some other girls headed off to the woods.

As we walked along, I felt an earring drop. I bent down, to pick it up, and awkwardly searched through the leaves before finding my earring.

When I got up, my friends were gone, and I had no idea where they went, and where we had come from. I picked a path at random and decided to follow it until I found my way out of the forest. I didn't have my phone, or any other useful items.

After an hour or so of walking, I finally admitted that I was lost. I beard the leaves crunch, and turned around, thinking it was a person, but it was just a squirrel. Unfortunately, since I wasn't looking, I tripped over a rock.

I fell forward really ungracefully, and felt pain shoot up my ankle. I tried to get up, my the pain got worse, and I fell back down. I was pretty sure my ankle was sprained. There was no way that I was going to make it out of the forest anytime soon. Reya and Isabel would come looking for me, but we had never been in this part of the forest.

I grabbed a stick large enough to use as a cane and awkwardly hobbled off. It was getting, dark, and I was a little panicked. After a while, the trees blocked the little light that was left, and I couldn't see. My ankle still hurt, and I was getting dizzy. Then everything went black.

Niall's POV

Where the fuck is Gail? She went off on a hike with her friends, and they came back asking if I had seen her. Then she missed lunch. And dinner. One of the things we have in common is our love for food. She would not miss two meals without a good reason.

It was almost time for check in, and the counselors would realize that she was gone. But I couldn't wait, I was too concerned.

I went off into the woods, guessing that she was probably lost somewhere.

I pointed my flashlight at the ground, and saw her friends footprints, which I followed, until I saw a set of footprints leaving the rest and going in a different direction, on a trail no one used.

"Gail?" I called out. No answer.

The footprints changed, like she was attempting to hop on one foot or something.

I moved the beam of the flashlight around, until it landed on something that almost made me scream. It was Gail's body. She had a cut on her cheek, probably from the rock next to her head, judging from the fact that there was blood on the rock. Her ankle was twisted a weird angle, but she looked alive.