Chapter 20 Stroll Down Memory Lane

***Stroll Down Memory Lane***

Bella's  P.O.V

I leaned back against the cold steel bars, rubbing my temples. Three hours have passed since we entered this cell and I have gone nearly a day without sleep. It was really starting to have a toll on me and I couldn't think straight. I yawned, maybe if I just closed my eyes for a bit I'd feel better. So I did. Letting the blackness engulf me.

* * * * * *

"I won't hurt you again, hermosa" he promised, brushing a stand of hair behind my ear. 

I looked up at him, getting lost in his beautiful kaleidoscope eyes. "I know you won't, I trust you Andrés" I said, entwining my fingers with his.

And that's where my first mistake, for forgiving him so quickly, so easily. 

It was a month since his promise. I waited for him at his house. It was very late, almost 2 o'clock in the night. He told me he was going to a party and insisted I come, but I wasn't into the party scene much so I lied and told him I wasn't feeling well.

He gave me a light kiss on the forehead and said he would be back by 11, but he wasn't. I sighed and started climbing the stairs up to go to bed, when the door flung open. My eyes widened, as I turned around. 

There was Andrés, as drunk as can be. I walked hesitantly over to him, but then remembered that he promised he would't hurt me again. I picked up the pace and caught him before he tripped. I kept my arms around his shoulder, to keep him steady. 

He pushed me away "don't touch me" he spat.

"Andrés calm down" I said,  putting my arms around him again.

 He pushed me harder, and my back slammed into the wall. "Are you deaf? I said don't touch me!" he growled, walking closer to me. 

I whimpered, my eyes brimming with tears. "Andrés, you promised" I said softly.

He was now an inch away from me and his eyes cleared for a second, but as fast as they cleared they went back to the hazy eyes that made him seem like he was in no control of what he was going to do next.

He grit his teeth and raised one hand up. I closed my eyes, knowing what was going to come next. The sound of him slapping me echoed in the quiet room, and before I could process everything I felt his hand clutch my hair.

He yanked me and I screamed. I tried to get out of his deathly grip, but I couldn't. He shoved me towards the coffee table and a sharp pain shot throughout my shoulder as it made contact. I tried to pul myself up, but he was already kicking me.

I curled up into a ball, trying to shield myself, hoping for him to stop, but he didn't. I closed my eyes, the pain was just too much. I felt myself slipping into unconsciousness when he finally stopped.

He pulled me up and brushed the hair away from my blood stained face. "Hermosa? Are you okay?"

I looked at him and he was in tears. I didn't have anything left in my to respond.

"I'm so sorry Bella, I didn't mean too" he apologized frantically. I felt a tear trail down my cheek and at this point I wasn't sure if it was his or mines.

He kept mumbling apologizes and peppering me with soft kisses. One thing I did get straight through to my thick head was that there was something seriously wrong with him.