Chapter 7 Staring Contest?

****Staring Contest?****

Bella's P.O.V

*Poke*

"Ugh" I say, as I shift to the side, trying to get comfortable.

*Poke*

"Noo" I mumble, while trying to swat whatever is poking me on the cheek.

*Poke*

*Poke*

Maybe if I try and ignore the poking it'll go away.

* Poke*

*Poke*

*Poke*

*Poke*

Or not.

"Snooze" I mumble, trying to hit whatever was poking me. I managed to successfully backhand the person on the side of the head earning an "ouch" from him. Satisfied, I decided to let my hand flop back down to my side.

*Poke*

Ugh, this will never end. Might as well wake up, I thought. I opened one eye and rolled to my side. "Ow" I mutter, I feel like an old lady with a severe back condition. Why did I have to sleep on the ground, now I'm going to be stuck with a sore back for the rest of the day. I sighed at the thought of that.

I take a peek through my opened eye and my breath hitched. Laying on the ground, inches away from me was none other than Aiden. Does he realize that he's invading my personal space. He is so close that I could feel his hot breath tickling my face, ugh, disgusting. At this rate my personal bubble is going to explode and splatter everywhere. I hope you get imaginary soap in your eye Aiden!

After plotting my evil schemes that mostly consist of Aiden getting soap in his eye I waited for him to say something, but all he did was stare, and stare some more. Well if he's going to play it that way, I might as well do the reasonable thing, stare back.

I opened my other eye and stared at him, making sure not to blink. Once he realized what I was doing, a smirk was playing on his lips. 'Don't get too cocky Aiden' I mentally said to him, while frowning and furrowing my eyebrows. This made his smirk grow bigger and he leaned closer, as if challenging me.

'Oh he is so going down' I thought.

* * * * *

2 minutes later

'Ugh, I don't think I can do it'

'Yes you can and you will' my conscience encouraged.

'B-but, do you see him. He looks like he can go on for ages' I reply.

'What happened to the girl that stared at the box of ice cream sandwiches down until a store clerk told her to leave' .

'She's wondering what exactly happened to that box of ice cream sandwiches'.

'Not the point! You can do this, just remember he's Aiden; whatever his last name is, and you can stare him down!'.

'I can? I mean, yeah, I can! I can stare Aiden; whatever his last name is, down. And he's going to wish he never got into a staring contest with Bella Valerie Rinaye! He's not going to see what hit him because he will be so deep in the ground from how hard I stared him down. Yeah, and that rhymed too!' I mentally chanted.

'Now that's the spirit, kinda. You can do it!' my conscience said.

With those words of encouragement fresh in my mind I was definitely going to stare him down.