Chapter 12 These Two Idiots

(ENJOY :D)

****These Two Idiots****

Bella's P.O.V

Everyone had their eyes trained on Logan, waiting for his answer. He let out a nervous chuckle and pulled on the neck of his shirt. "Well we...." He started but trailed off, looking at Celeste from the corner of his eye for help.

"Wanted to save water, so we decided to use tomato juice as an alternative" she blurted out, answering the question for Logan while he simply nodded in agreement, not bothered about how ridiculous she sounded.

And it looks like the award for the worst liar goes to none other than Celeste, my conscience remarked and I couldn't help but agree since it was sadly true.

Aiden looked at her in bewilderment, blinking a few times to regain his composure. "What?" he croaked out. She smiled sheepishly, not taking her eyes off of her mom and elbowed him in the side, shutting him up.

"Ow" he muttered under his breath, rubbing his side.

Adrea raised an eyebrow. "'Uh huh. Okay, either one of you tell me what really happened or am I going to have to ask your friend?" she questioned, pointing at all of us with one hand while the other was on her waist.

Celeste sighed, letting out a long breath."Well-" she said, dragging the 'l', "-it's actually a long story and I don't think now's the appropriate time to tell you since you have a friend over" Celeste pointed out politely, dodging the question at hand with ease.

Adrea's friend shook his head, and waved her off. "Oh no please go on, I insist. At work Adrea would ramble on and on about all the crazy thing her kids would do at home, I've gotten quite used to hearing her talk for ages and ages. And trust me, she tends to take forever to get to the point-" he looked at Adrea, "-no offence."

Adrea simply shook her head and sighed. "It's fine Marcus-" she told the short chubby man that was leaning against the barbecue machine looking down at his-from where I can see-well trimmed nails that had a light gold colour to them and were shimmering under the sunlight each time he moved his fingers."-I have accepted the fact that I do go off topic quite a lot" she continued, not aware that 'Marcus' wasn't paying much attention.

While Adrea kept rambling on about her rambling problems-which I'm a hundred percent sure that no one was listening to-I glanced at her friend Marcus in curiosity. It was then that I noticed that he was very feminine; from the way he talked with his small hand gestures here and there, to his current stance-leaning on the barbecue with a hand on his hip while his eyes were zeroed in on his neatly kept cuticles and well trimmed nails of his other hand.

My eyes skimmed his attire and I took my time to mentally take in his unique 'style' and features. He had sleek light brown hair that was neatly swept to the side of his face. There were noticable freckles sprinkled across his nose and on his plump cheeks. He had warm hazel eyes and looked like he was around Adrea's age.

He had a unique and bold sense of fashion since he decided to wear bright white skinny jeans with a black sequence blazer on top of a eggplant purple button up shirt that was tucked neatly in his pants and secured with his bejewelled black belt. My eyes trailed further down and slightly widened as I took in the sight of the shoes he was wearing.

I bit my lower lip, refraining myself from laughing.

He had on a pair of bejewelled black cowboy boots that were studded on the tip and along the sides of them. There were also angel wings outlined with silver on the front of both shoes

I glanced at Celeste and when her eyes met mines I glanced back at Marcus' shoes than back at her. She quirked her eyebrow up in confusion so I discreetly pointed at Marcus' shoes with my hand. A snort slipped out of her mouth but, she quickly covered it up with a fit of coughing, grabbing everyone's attention.