Chapter 13 - Puzzle Pieces

Groaning, I open my eyes slightly. Staring at my flatmate and best friend, Emily, a smile stretched across her face.

My voice still croaky, I ask,"Why would you wake me up this early, Satan?"

Emily still insists on jumping on me. I finally scream "I'm up!" to get her to stop. She falls into cross-legged sitting position, still beaming at me.

"Do you remember what today is?" She squeals with excitement.

"Our friendaversary?" I ask, even though I'm sure it's next week.

She picks up a fluffy pillow and hits my face. Scream muffled by fluff, I fight back a smile as it wins over.

"One Direction's concert! I bought two tickets because I know I won't be able to drive home if I'm fainted," she shrieks.

"Emily! Why? Bring someone else that wouldn't faint. You know I don't want to go. And you are aware of the reason, too," I argue, sitting up and rubbing my eyes with the butts of my hands.

"Please please please please please," Emily squeals annoyingly. I can't believe she's actually 19 years old.

"Okay. Okay. Alright. I'll go," I moan.

Emily cheers and wraps her arms around me, practically squeezing what air I have in my lungs. I push her off playfully and giggle, throwing my legs over the bed.

"What row is it though, Em?" I ask curiously. Knowing her, she probably bought them yesterday so they're at the very top.

She bites her bottom lip nervously. "They're the fourth row. I got them last year."

Immediately, I'm awake. I'll be in the fourth row with my best friend. At a One Direction concert. Staring at the boy who saved me from a rapist two years ago. Listening to their fans scream as they sing. They're not bad singers, and they aren't ugly, but I just don't want to cross paths with Zayn. But this is a concert after all. What are the chances he'd see me?

"Alright. On one condition. You never take me to anything One Direction related in my lifetime. Got it?" She nods plenty of times, the smile still wide on her face.

Looking at my iPhone, I see it's two in the afternoon. I still have a few hours until the concert. Sleeping would be a smart idea.

"Wake up! You have an hour to get ready and a half hour to drive there! If you dress early, we can leave and get there earlier!" Emily says, hitting me repeatedly with a pillow and jumping a she did earlier.

Sliding out of bed, I go to the bathroom and shower. Brushing my teeth, I look in the mirror at how I look beautiful when I wake up. Most people tend to look like death, but I look gorgeous!

Running the comb through my curls, I grab a can of extra hold hairspray, not in any mood of straightening my hair. Exiting the bathroom, I find eyeliner. Applying it, I look into the mirror. They do bring out the family eyes. Searching for the lip gloss, a nice shade of pink catches my eye. I put on the lip gloss and go to my closet to find a decent outfit. I wouldn't want to disappoint Emmy.

Leafing through my shirts, I find a loose black tank top with a tiger head on it. I love this shirt because the eyes are a bright blue, making it stand out. Finding the perfect shorts, I slip on a pair of royal blue shorts, stopping just above mid thigh. For my shoes, I wear a pair of thong sandals with feathers the color of my tank top. I'm not big on jewelry, but I love earrings. Placing an earring through my cartridge, I connect the chain to my first piercing. I put the other earring on the opposite ear. Not too bad.

I exit my room and search for Emily. She has on the One Direction shirt I bought her a few months back. These fans have a certain way of telling the boys that they're crazy about them. Shaking my head, I grab my car keys and we head out of the door. Starting the car, she slips their Up All Night CD into the CD player. Groaning, she claps her hands in glee as I roll my eyes. I can't help but smile as she begins to sing a long. Like I said, I am a fan, but not to the point where I'd make a poster saying get inside me you sexy piece of ass. Or tweet to them constantly. They're attractive, funny, and talented is all I'm saying. But fourth row is a bit much for me.