Chapter 41 - The End

My heart stops beating. I can feel pressure in my ears. I grab the handle of the seat where I was sitting. Painfully, I lower myself into the chair that now feels like brick. Tears well up in the ducts of my eyes, but they don't stay there. They began to fall rapidly down my cheeks. I do not even attempt to stop them from soaking my shirt.

The back of my hand wipes away at my cheeks and I try to compose myself. The nurse, Natalie, takes a seat next to me and rubs my back, saying words of condolence.

"I know how hard it can be. Things may look bleak now, but the future always shines brighter than the past. Trust me, Zayn." Her blue eyes shine with truth and I nod at her as a thank you. She stands up and straightens her skirt. I watch as she exits the waiting room into the patient's wing.

Laying back, I stare at the white ceiling in deep thought. How does anyone expect someone to move on? That seems completely and utterly rude to just forget of a love and simply get another. I shut my eyes for a moment to stop all of the memories.

---

"Helena was my girlfriend, my best friend, my partner in crime, my everyday. She could put a smile on anyone's face faster than someone could blink. My Helena would be able to make you upset, then immediately make you happy again. Just seeing her name on my phone made me smile. We would always talk about the future and our plans. Who knew she would never be able to have kids of her own? She deserved so much more than she got. I just hope she's happier where she is." I walk off of the podium and place a single white rose in between her hands.

I lean in and let my forehead rest on hers. Tears drop from my eyes onto hers. My shoulders quiver and I put one hand on her cheek. As I lift my head, I stare at her scratched face. Her perfect, spotless, flawless face was now marked for eternity. My lips meet hers and I let out a whimper.

"Stay strong, sweety. I love you, so much, baby." My body shakes with melancholy. I take a deep breath and pull at the end of my blazer. I wipe my tears and walk away from the casket. The boys all lower their eyes, avoiding my gaze. For Helena, I will truly try to move on with my life.

---

EPILOGUE

"Daddy, daddy, look!" Helena runs into the room, holding a paper with her fingertips dripping paint. She holds up the paper to my face and I stare at it for a while.

It's a picture of me, holding her hand. I smile and pull my little girl onto my lap. Placing a kiss on her soft cheek, I take in the smell of her baby powder.

"It looks wonderful, darling. I love it so much, Helena," I flash her my brightest smile. Every time I look at my daughter, her namesake comes to mind. Despite her blue eyes and blond hair, her sweet smile and softness in her eyes sends me to the past.

Perrie let me name her Helena because she knows how much I loved Helena. It wasn't puppy love, or even regular love. It was out of the park, home run kind of love. It was authentic and it was ours. No matter how much I didn't want to move on, I had to do it. For her. I would've drowned myself if she wanted to. This is harder than any death. It is unbearable, but it was her last request. It was the end. The end of us. The end of her. The end.  

______________

The end of this book. I hope you enjoyed this fan fiction. I will be starting a new one soon. Please vote for this story and comment the tears. I felt it tooo. I love youuu.

-J.Malik