Chapter 17...

Over the next few days I didn’t see Indiana that much because she was always home studying for her finals even though everyone knew she could ace them with her eyes closed.  We talked on Skype for hours every night even when we had nothing really to say, just so we could see each other’s face.

Today was the day of Indi’s business final which meant she was even more stressed than usual.

“I don’t know how I’m going to do this Jai.” Indiana told me over the phone.

“Babe, you’ll be fine.”

“But what if a question comes up on international companies? I don’t know that.”

I sighed. “I tested you on everything in your syllabus yesterday and you didn’t get one question wrong.”

“I know Jai but what if I get it wrong today?” she always gets like this before exams.

“Then you get it wrong. It’s not the end of the world if you don’t get full marks Indi; you’ll ace it whatever. You know all the stuff, all you need to do is get it down on the paper and we all know that you won’t have a problem with that.” I reassured her.

I could hear her inhaling and exhaling deeply through the phone line. “Are you sure Jai?”

“I’ve never been so sure about anything in my life.”

“I love you Jai.”

I smiled. “I love you too.”

“Wish me luck!”

I sighed once again. “Good luck Babe. You won’t need it though.”

“Whatever you say Jai. I’ll call you when I’m done.”

“Alright Indiana. I love you darling.”

“Love you too Jai.” She said as she hung up.

I sat in my room playing FIFA for the two hours that Indi was busy writing furiously in her exam and I actually jumped when my phone blew up with her ringtone (which happened to be the chorus of ‘Sex On Fire’ as Indi thought it would be amusing).

“How did it go?” I greeted her.

She paused for a second before answering. “I think I did alright... I answered all the questions.”

“Did you finish in time?”

“Half an hour early actually.”

I rolled my eyes. “See I told you that you could do it.”

“Just because I finished early doesn’t mean that I got the answers right Jai.” I could tell that she was frustrated with herself.

“Stop stressing Babe, it’s over now and you’ve done your best so regardless of what grade you end up getting you know that everyone will be proud of you and that’s the most important thing.”

“I don’t care about what everyone else thinks; I just care what you think.”

“You know that you mean everything to me so I’m still going to love you regardless of what grades you get. Calm down.” I told her for the fourth time in two weeks.

“You always make me feel better Jai.” I could hear the smile in her voice.

“That’s what I’m here for.”

“I have to go, Ashley and Cara are getting irritating and making sexual noises to make me feel awkward.”

“Sounds like fun” I laughed.

“Is it alright if I see you later?” Indi asked.

“Indiana, when have you ever known me to turn down an opportunity to hang out with my gorgeous girlfriend? Of course it’s okay.”

“Good. I’ll see you later then.”

“Yep. I love you.” I said.

“I love you more.”

I met Indiana outside her school at 3pm, much to the surprise to the rest of the students. I was made to take pictures with several girls and had a few insults hurled my way but none of them touched me because I was too busy smiling at the sight of Indi running towards me through the crowd. I felt a few people follow my eye line and watch Indiana jump into my arms. Anyone would think that we hadn’t seen each other in years.

“I’ve missed you” she said as she planted a kiss on my lips.

“I’ve missed you more Babe.” I said shifting my hands so I could support her legs that were wrapped around my waist.

“Where are you taking me then?” She smiled.

“To the beach.”

She squealed a bit and kissed me hard. I laughed and placed her feet back on the ground and took her hand walking her out of the school grounds with hundreds of pairs of eyes following us. We could hear the insults coming from the jealous teens but we walked right through them. 

By the time we got to the beach Indiana had managed to land me with her bag and was skipping along by my side; she loves the beach, she’s like a child. Once we were at the Jetty Indi saw a photo booth and immediately dragged me in there.  We sat in the booth having our photos taken for what felt like an hour, the photos where everything from kissing each other to pulling faces. When we collected our photos we ended up with about 15 different photo strips. After spending some time messing about in the water we bought some cotton candy and sat at the end of the Jetty with our legs dangling off the edge.

“Thank you so much for today Jai.”

“Don’t mention it.” I said as she rested her head against my shoulder.

“I love coming here with you; we should come here more often.”

I smiled and stoked her hair. “Yeah, we should.”

“And we should use that photo booth more. I love pictures like that.”

“Me too.” I replied.

We sat in silence for a while eating our cotton candy and kicking our legs until some random Beach Patrol guy came up behind us and informed us that we weren’t supposed to be this far up the Jetty as apparently we could make it difficult for boats to dock. This was a load of bullshit because we all knew that no boats had docked here in years but nevertheless we still got up and trudged back down to the pavement to get on a bus back to Glenroy. Stupid fucking Beach Patrol...