Flies

Stiles really wanted to tell Scott his dad was a douche, asshole, and jerk. He knew Rafael was only doing his job even though he didn't know all the facts. He just hated his attitude and the smug look on his face. Plus, it didn't help that he was trying to get his dad fire and this was the only reason he came back to Beacon Hills when he completely bailed on his fatherly duties. If he thought getting his best friend's father fired was a way to get back in his good graces with his only son the FBI needed to check Rafael's cognition skills.

Stiles was pretty sure Scott's dad knew how to work a phone and would be capable of wishing his only son a happy birthday and maybe even a Merry Christmas, instead of being on complete radio silence. Although, Stiles did know why Rafael left all those years ago, he never had the gull to tell Scott. It wasn't his place and Stiles would do anything to have both of his parents so he wasn't going to ruin that chance for his friend although by his dad's prolong absence that chance looked dim and Stiles thought Melissa deserved better anyways.

But he had to agree with Scott's dad about the coded message someone left for Barrow with Kira's name in atomic numbers.

Stiles stepped back from his wall as he drew a question mark in a box linking to Barrow. He had no clue or idea to where even to begin on who would want to kill Kira although it seemed he wouldn't have been able to kill her anyways since she absorbed all the energy from the power substation. So in hindsight, maybe the goal wasn't really to kill Kira, but to use her ability to absorb electricity for some reason. Stiles knew it was a big deduction to draw, but from how Scott describe how Barrow didn't care about him at all when he shifted Stiles had the inkling that Kira was just a pawn or distraction for a bigger game. She was a pawn to be used for whoever gave Barrow the message.

Stiles quickly grabbed a blank piece of paper and wrote Kira's name with a question mark, pinned it to the wall, and connected the paper to Barrow with red string.

Stiles took a step back from his wall again that was covered in red – no green, yellow, or even the pretty blue yarn. To him it reminded him of an open wound everything was coated in blood with no type of sutures to close them together. Nothing ever seemed to get solved in Beacon Hills especially when it came to the supernatural; everything seemed to be an open ended question that never really had a direct answer.

Stiles rubbed his eyes as the pictures began to blur together and still didn't give him an answer. Stiles simply concluded Barrow was crazy and he knew the blatant connection to the coded message was that it was someone from the school who wrote it.

Stiles was confused as to who even had psychos on their speed dial.

Maybe he was becoming too obsessed with trying to solve something since he couldn't solve the mysteries of his dreams or his door. Scott was able to close his door at the sub power station. Allison was able to close her door through the help of Isaac and Lydia as this time she didn't put an arrow through Lydia's forehead. All that was left was him. He could read now clearly although his sleeping habits didn't seem to change much. On top of that, he didn't know how to close his door specifically. He particularly didn't have a skill set that was vital to him besides solving cases, which now seemed to not being going anywhere for him. So he didn't know how to close his door to whatever his subconscious was warning him from – to whatever Gabriella was warning him from.

He didn't know if he should be worried.

He didn't tell his friends about his door since when he discovered he could read that breath they all seemed to be holding was released, but for him it turned into a hard pinch the breath was still stuck in his throat almost as if it didn't want to be released, but at the same time it did.

He felt as he did after the Matt situation and that sensation a person experiences before drowning. He knew personally how it felt and the instinct of voluntary apnea when he became a sacrifice. How he fought to not let the water in and then he felt that peace. Now though he doesn't think he will experience that peace. His body was fighting not to let something in and he knew he was suffering from that hypervigilance Morrell diagnosed him with. He felt that he was constantly under threat, but this time it didn't feel like a panic attack.