Permeability

Gabriella turned around to look back into the room that was no longer the mute colors of Eichen House. The walls were white as well as the carpet with red accents. The room was sparsely decorated with a bookcase, a couple of chairs, and a record. No noise could be heard from the outside as it was soundproof.

Gabriella knew she wasn't allowed in this room alone. She never performed well in this room. Every time she left this room Grandma was disappointed in her as she would never do or say what Grandma wanted. Grandma eventually replaced her with Meredith who could hear another frequency from the white noise.

"Grandma?" Gabriella called out as she moved away from the door.

The record player that played the blank vinyl was still running without the headphones. Gabriella removed the needle from the player and the room turned mute. That's when she noticed the two discarded clear glasses on the floor with a puddle of red around them.

No one was allowed to drink anything in here Gabriella thought as she rushed to the stain. She and her grandmother were the only ones here and Gabriella knew for sure she would be the one to get blamed. Gabriella made quick work of getting on her hands and knees as she used her shirt to try and soak up the stain, but it wasn't do anything. It was just smearing more. It was rapidly bleeding through her shirt.

Then the smell permeated through the room. It was blood. Gabriella quickly removed herself from the puddle. She didn't want to know what was going on in here and Grandma would be mad if she messed with evidence. She was going to make a dash out of the room when she heard a laugh.

Gabriella snapped her head up to the sound and found Meredith crunched next to one of the stereo speakers with blood streaming out of her ears.

"Meredith?" As expected she didn't get a response as Meredith was lost in her world of voices as she twitched her head from side to side and mumbled incoherent things.

Gabriella slowly walked forward as to not frighten Meredith who was in this state as she kneeled down in front of Meredith she finally heard what she was saying, "They're coming."

Gabriella very gently asked, "Who's coming, Meredith?"

"They're coming for all of us." Meredith started to become more agitated as she spoke. "The hunt...they're coming...the beast," Meredith uttered out as she folded into herself almost into a fetal position.

Gabriella was beyond confused but then she noticed Meredith's blood from her ears had turned to a silvery metallic color – almost like mercury. "Meredith...we need to get you out of here."

Gabriella was trying to coax Meredith out of her fetal position when her name rung in her ears and she recognized it to be the voice of Lydia. Gabriella clutching her ears realized something was very wrong about this scenario. Gabriella backed up from Meredith as she realized this happened years ago. Gabriella was halfway away from Meredith when she saw the bandages around Meredith's hands. Meredith looked up at her and screamed and Gabriella felt the illusion begin to crack as she ran to the dorm and opened it.

Gabriella slammed the door shut and turned around to find herself in Purgatory, where she first met Stiles. Gabriella heard Scott before she saw him when he approached her side, "I don't see him."

Gabriella looked around the all-white room. There was nothing in here and as soon as they got here even their door disappeared. Gabriella was looking around when she saw it. "He is in there." She pointed out.

Scott turned his head in the direction where she was pointing where a metal tub stood alone in this room.

Gabriella and Scott quickly made a run for the tub. When they got there the tub was surrounded by vines Gabriella would assume from the Nemeton. When they both peeked in the tub, there was Stiles seemingly sleeping in the water with mistletoe, circular black and white games pieces, and dead fireflies. Scott quickly went to put his hand in the water, but it bounced back as if a force field surrounded it. Gabriella tried it too and it produced the same effect. They both quickly began shouting Stiles name, but it didn't work until Gabriella thought of something.