Temper, Temper

We had stood at the entrance to the park for about ten minutes, debating foolishly whether or not to enter. Deep, thundering growls echoed from inside; what on Earth and Minecraftia could make a noise such as that??

"Shadow Demons..." Hero said gravely.

"Shadow what?" I asked, confused.

"They're made of shadows. And they're demons. Anything else?" Liz chimed in, "Now let's go before Fire get's antsy." he lead the way, stalking into the wooded park.

No one followed, Liz disappearing into the trees. Mitch turned back, sheathing his axe as if the battle was already over. Hero grasped the back of his hood.

"Not so fast, Mitchell. We're going in whether you like it or not. That wasn't a Shadow Demon. It was something stronger." he said, gazing into the leaves ahead of us.

Mitch sighed, "I'm watching, that's it." and he turned back around, walking in.

---

Now we were walking through thick trees, the ground littered in dead skeletons and lifeless zombies. Black and grey blood lay splattered against everything, plotting out a mass slaughter. I gagged, the stench over-bearing.

"Come on, just a little further." Adam said, clutching his golden sword close.

Then Mitch stopped, listening. "Hold on... " then we heard it; a piercing scream from ahead.

We all bolted forward, past the mass grave and into a gigantic clearing. Adam halted, myself and Seto running into him.

"Ey! Watch where you're- oh god..." Seto stopped, his jaw dropping at the sight of a massive, three-headed dragon.

In front of the beast, stood Liz. His clothes were in tatters, blood draining from three perpendicular gashed across his chest and arm. He looked furious.

"Liz, step bac-" Seto began.

"NO! No... I've got this covered... you six... you run..." Liz panted, twitching.

Seto only shut up, watching. I glanced at Hero and he too was standing away. What was going to happen now?? But I glanced back at Liz, whom was no longer there. Instead, a large, lizard-like beast had taken his place. It had the face of a large alligator and a heavily muscled body. With a quick motion, it snapped its head up and let loose a deafening roar toward the other dragon. I cowered, hiding behind Hero.

The dragon only snarled, glaring down at this tiny comparison. It was no threat. But then the lizard below charged, smashing into the dragon with a force strong enough to knock it back a few feet. Now, it was an all-out battle. Fangs were bared, the two circling each other in a death-glare. Tails twitched in fury and anticipation, the rest of us staring in awe and horror. Two beasts battling it out, and for what? Nothing was to be gained but the privilege to live.

A blast of fire exploded from the dragon's jaws, engulfing the smaller lizard. It seemed as if the battle was already over. No, from within the flames, another, darker stream burst forth. Both fire bolts crashed into one another, mixing into a dazzling torrent in the center. The dragon's flame faltered, the lizard's penetrating it so the fire seared the thick necks of the beast. A loud screech echoed across the clearing, the lizard being smacked away by the dragon's tail.

With the threat gone, the beast turned toward us with eyes of flame. How dare we send such a pest to harm it? Another roar, this time shattered across us. Hero stepped forward, wielding His sword.

"Hero, no! It'll kill you!" I shouted after Him, trying to bring Him back to me.

"It can try." He replied, heading straight towards it.

"Hero!" I cried, Seto and Mitch holding me back. I reached out, trying to break free. "HERO!" Tears streamed down my face as the dragon charged up a fireball. I strained against the boys' grip, everything fading before me into white. "HEROOO!" My own voice sounded distant, echoing in my head over and over. But before the fire was expelled, everything faded away into blank white...