Part 2: Love Lost

This is the sequel of Fumbled your heart, I just put them together to make better and hopeful you ladies will enjoy.

A year and a half later….

“Come on Laia! Your dad will be here any minute.” I yelled from the kitchen.

“I coming mommy!” I heard her little voice yell from her room.

I smiled. It was her weekend to go stay with Blake but when it was time for me to pack her bag, she refused to let me do it. She said she wanted to be a ‘big girl’ and do it by herself. I could just imagine what she was stuffing in her bag.

Just when I walked out the kitchen, I saw her coming out her room while dragging her bag behind her. I laughed because I already knew she had stuffed the most unnecessary stuff in there.

“Help mommy.” She said as she continued to struggle.

I laughed as I walked over to her.

“Oh, now you want my help?” I asked as I picked her along with the bag up.

I walked over to the couch and sat her on my lap as I sat the bag in front of me.

“Let’s see what you got in here.” I said as I unzipped it.

When I opened it, I came to see nothing but  stuff animals and bracelets. Why she had this many animals in the first place is all Blake’s fault. Every time she’d come back from spending time with him, she’ll come back with a new  stuff animal or something. It went beyond spoiling when it came to Blake.

“You can’t take all these baby.” I said as I started to take some out.

“Why?”

“Because you already have plenty at daddy’s house. And what about your other stuff? You don’t need anything else?” I asked while looking at her.

“No.” She said while shaking her head and smiling. I laughed.

“How about this? Pick two animals to take with you.” I said once I pulled them all out the bag and laid them out on the floor.

She stared at them for a minute before she hopped off my lap and picked her two.

“Okay. Now let’s go repack this before your daddy gets here.” I grabbed her hand and walked back into her room.

I quickly packed the essentials. I knew Blake had everything she needed at his place but I still liked to pack her stuff just to be sure.

Just as I was zipping her bag back up, the doorbell ring. Alaia immediately took off.

“Daddy!” She screamed.

“Don’t open that door Laia !” I said as I followed behind her. When we got to the door, I picked her up before opening it.