Who Do You Love

“Baby, I was thinking we need to redecorate the bedroom.” Alexia said suddenly making me turn to look at her.

“For what?”

“I’m pretty sure you haven’t changed anything since Daniela was there and I think if we’re trying to do this then we need to start fresh. With everything.” She replied.

I just shrugged. She was right tho. I hadn’t changed a thing in that house since Daniela moved out. I just never had the urge to do so.

“Whatever. I don’t care.” Just as I said that, my phone started ringing. I grabbed it to see it was Daniela.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Blake…my baby.” She said in between cries. My heart sunk as soon as I heard her voice.

“Daniela, calm down and tell me what happened.”

Telling her that didn’t help at all. She was still frantic as she tried to tell me what happened. All I understood was ‘park’, ‘head’, and ‘blood’ but it was enough to give me an idea of what happened. My head immediately started spinning. My baby was hurt.

“Shit.” I mumbled as I ran my hand across my face. “Where are you right now?”

“I’m at the hospital.” She said in between her sniffles.

“Okay, clam down baby. I’m on my way.” I said before I hung up. I immediately busted a u-turn and started heading to hospital. I was speeding down the road.

“What happened?” Alexia asked.

“I’m not for sure but I think Laia got hurt.” I replied tightly. I squeezed the steering wheel harder, wishing this car could go faster.

"Blake slow down." Alexia said but i just ignored her. I had to get to my baby.

As I sped down the street, I was praying that my baby was okay.

—————————

I ran in the emergency room with Alexia right behind me and my eyes immediately fell on Daniela. She had her head in her hands and Jordani was rubbing her back. I instantly made my way to her.

"Daniela.” I called out as I walked up to her. Her head popped up before she got up and ran straight into my arms. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close to me.  She dropped her head onto my chest and I leaned down and kissed her forehead. She had stopped crying but her eyes were bloodshot red.

“I was so scared Blake. There was blood and she was crying.” She mumbled into my chest, sounding as if she was going to start crying again.

“I know baby. I know. Where is she?” I asked. She lifted her head to look at me. I kept my arms around her.

“She’s in there with the doctor. He wanted me to step out for a minute as he examined her but they have been in there too long.” I nodded. I sighed.

“What happened?” I asked.

“We went to the park today and she was climbing on the jungle gym. I was talking to Jordan and I turned my head for one second and then I just heard her crying. She was crying, I saw blood on her head, and I just started freaking out.” I knew she was about to lose it again.

“She’s going to be okay baby. I promise.” I kissed her forehead again just as the doctor came out.

“Parents of Alaia Griffin.” He called out. We pulled away and I grabbed her hand as we walked over to him.

“She’s doing fine. She had a pretty big cut on her head which we had to put a few stiches in. No signs of a concussion but we are going to keep her overnight to monitor everything. We had to sedate her to put the stiches in so she’s asleep right now. She’ll be asleep for a while but you’re welcome to go in to see her.”