Chapter 22 (Short Chapter)

Hayes' POV

I woke up in the waiting room still but Matt was gone. My head was hurting and they still haven't walked out and told me what was going on with Sky.

I got up and walked into the bathroom, I did my business then splashed my face with water, dried my hands and face then walked back out to my seat.

I was the only one in the waiting room other than a girl sitting on the other side on the room. She was crying all alone in a chair in the corner.

I was hesitant at first but got up slowly and walked over to the chair next to her. She looked up at me then put her head back down and continued to cry.

"Hey, What's your name?" I asked and she looked at me again.

"Danna." She whispered. (Dannafx701)

"I'm Hayes." I said back and she wiped her face.

"Why are you here?" She asked.

"My little sister is in the back, she was abused I guess you could say." I said looking down.

"Sorry to hear that, where are your parents?"

"Our mom passed and our dad isn't around."

"Sorry about that too, you got it rough." She said and I nodded.

"So why are you here?" I asked.

"My dad has breast cancer." She said confusing me.

"Men can have breast cancer?" I asked making her smile a bit.

"Yea, he is really sick right now and they said he probably wouldn't make it for the rest of the night and he said that they could pull the plug because he doesn't want to be in pain anymore and I don't want him to either but I don't want him to leave either."

"You got it rough, what I have going on is nothing compared to that." I said and she shook her head.

"You get to see your sister after they are done, I can't see him again."

"I can never see my mom again either and my dad is gone. You still have your mom, all I have is my little sister and I have no idea what is going on with her right now so there is a possibility I won't see her again." I said stopping the tears from coming down my face.

"I didn't say anything about my mom being here, she could be long gone just like you dad or just gone just like your mom."

"Well look we have something in common." I said giving her a small smile.

"Who do you live with if your parents are gone?"

"My older brother, he doesn't like me or my sister very much. "

"that sucks my older sister went into the military and I haven't seen or heard from her in six years and i'm 14."

"Well maybe we can hang out some time."

"I probably won't live here anymore, after my dad goes I belong to the state and go into an orphanage or something."

"I'm sure we can still hang out, What school do you go to?"

"I went to Marshall High but I don't know where I'm going this year."

"I went there and I never saw you."

"I saw you all the time, you were with Amber and that other guy all the time. you got bullied everyday. Everyone would put mean stuff in you locker except for that one nice note you would always get." She said and I looked up at her.