Chapter 2

Dominic walked through the park of the city with no purpose, he was just mad. Mad at himself for being defeated by that girl, mad at the masters, and mad at being showed up by Eric and Amar’e again. He stopped and clenched his fist tightly and then punched a tree next to him. Almost immediately the tree came crashing down but the park was empty and he didn’t really care.

“Why the hell do they have to be the ones that are always praised…especially Eric by everyone he comes in contact with!? I’m every bit as strong as him yet I’m always looked down upon. And then everyone there at that stupid dojo…they’re all irritating. Even Sierra is starting to get me mad with her constant gawking at Amar’e. I’m stronger than him, why the hell doesn’t she do that for me. *Pauses* What the hell am I saying, Sierra’s my sister.”

He stared at the ground with his cheeks red for a second then continued walking through the night when he heard a voice.

“You want to become stronger don’t you?”

*Spins around* “Who’s that?!”

He saw nothing but the darkness of the park.

“You should know me well Dominic Dragoon.”

“Who the hell is talking and how do you know my name? Show yourself!”

He received no response for a while and then loosened up a bit before turning back around.

“Could that have just been my imagination?”

Then the deep voice returned louder this time, “I assure you child that I’m not of your imagination. I am as real as you can get but I can not reach you now…but we will meet soon and then I’ll quench your thirst for the power you desperately want…”

Dom, shocked, looked around but still saw nothing and after he was sure it was gone he questioned, “What the hell was that all about?”

**

Amar’e looked at the girl who had her head down with her hair hanging low the ground, blocking her face. She didn’t act as if she noticed him come in and the entire area was quiet beside the occasional drop of a tear onto a small puddle where her face hung. Her arms were bonded tightly by a bionic rope to the back of the chair.

(AN: Remember the year’s 2096)

 He took the seat in front of her and realized he didn’t know what to say. Surprisingly, Axel didn’t have any remark to make and Amar’e felt awkward but decided that he should start a conversation.

“So uh…hey?”

He got no response.

“That was quite some fall you took…lucky I caught you.”

Still no response.

“I heard about what you are…a fallen angel and all…I wanted to say sorry.”

“…Why?”

“Huh?”

“Why apologize for something that has nothing to do with you?”

“Because I think I know what it’s like to be in your situation.”

Then the girl looked up at him and he saw only a cold, piercing gaze from her violet eyes. They were puffy and her face still wet from tears but she looked very mad.

“How would you know? All you are is some human…a human that knows nothing of holy affairs. A human oblivious to what happens outside of your domain. HOW THE HELL WOULD YOU KNOW WHAT IT’S LIKE TO BE SHUNNED AND EXILED BY YOUR RACE!?”