Chapter 5

AAmar’e let out a deep sigh as he walked through woodland. He took a seat on a tree stump and look through the brush onto the highway. One of the signs read, “You Are Now Entering South Carolina”

“I actually made it and there is still sunlight out. That was a hell of a run and only means I'm actually getting more athletic. Heh, those damn masters actually know what they are doing.”

“You bastard!”

Amar’e turned and looked deeper into the brush. He could of sworn he heard a southern voice just shout out.

“Give us the food!”

Another one shouted then it was followed by gunshots.

‘Oh looks like someone is stirring up some trouble.’

“I wonder who.” He thought out loud.

Amar’e made his way deeper into the woodland, cautiously incase the gunfire started again. After about five minutes of walking he heard nothing but the sounds of the woods and began wondering if he had gone in the right direction.

“THERE SHE IS!!”

Just over a hill Amar’e heard gunfire and he made his way up quickly and peered down. Four men holding rifles were making their way towards a huge boulder, there guns at ready. He slowly stalked further along the hill until he could see what was on the other side of the boulder and he was shocked at what he saw. There stood a girl with long black silky hair. She was wearing a black trench coat and stained white pants, plus Amar’e could make out what looked like a sarashi wrap on her breast. She stood with her back leaning up against the rock and a bow & arrow in her hands. Her eyes were closed and weapon lowered as if she was in deep thought. The four men were slowly approaching through the tall grass and signaled to each other to flank her.

“Hehe you can't hide forever ya know.”

At that she revealed her pale blue eyes and readied her bow. The girl turned around and began climbing on top of the boulder. When she made it up she could see two men on the right, the other two on the left. Acting on instinct, she used her bow and shot an arrow into the chest of one of the men on the right and then quickly dived down onto the other. He saw his comrade fall and looked up to see the girl use her arm to bring him done to the ground. She wrapped her arm around his neck and squeezed as tight as she could. The other two reached the opposite side of the boulder and questioned where she was.

“What the? Where the heck is she?”

“I'm sure I saw the little vixen run behind here.”

“So where is she now?!”

The man tried to call to them futilely as his breath was escaping him and he began to feel light headed. Then he felt his captor apply a whole new world of pressure and his windpipe felt as if it broke. He gasped for oxygen before passing out and slowly dying.

“Oy! Rob, Phil where are ya?”

The last two men walked around to see an arrow in one friend and the other laying limp on the floor.

“The bitch! She got them! Where are ya! Show yourself!”

They stood back to back scanning the forest for her and saw nothing. Then an arrow flew into one’s chest and he howled in pain letting his rifle go off and he spun around trying to remove the arrow.

“Carl watch-”

He was struck down by a rogue bullet and Carl stopped as he backed into a tree and yanked out the arrow.

“God darn it! What was ya saying Harold?”

He looked and saw Harold lying in a pool a blood and bunch of bullets holes in the boulder next to him.