Chapter 10

(Amar’e wakes up in an empty silence lying on a hard floor. He slowly shifts his head around to see nothing but a black and a white are, both are separated by a gray borderline. The borderline has shrunk, being overtaken by the darkness.)

Amar’e: (weakly) Wh-what happened?

Axel: (angrily shouts) You nearly got us killed you ass! Do you realize that our necks were one girl’s decision away from being snapped?

Amar’e: (jumps up hastily, frantic) Oh no! Destiny! How long have I’ve been out?!

Axel: Mate did you even hear a damn thing I said?!

Amar’e: I’m leaving. (Closes eyes and begins to concentrates)

Axel: Amar’e if you go after her and get into another jam. I won’t hesitate at all this time.

Amar’e: If you believe you can get out that easily, you’re mistaken.

Axel: (voice begins to fade as Amar’e regains consciousness) HA! You really think you’ve kept me out of control that easily? You’re about to get a reality check.

**

(Panel of the dojo can be seen. Luke looks very displeased while every other disciple is crowded around Sierra and Dominic who both just regained consciousness. Bruce, Jett are Chuck also near them but Lucy is looking out into the night sky with her usual straight face. Amar’e is still knocked out, lying on the ground nearby.)

Amar’e: (jumps up) Destiny!

(Everyone turns towards him. He looks at Sierra who shakes her head at him.)

Sierra: (Saddened) She isn’t here Amar’e.

Bruce: (Stroking goatee) Sierra has told us her account of what happened earlier Amar’e. I’m sure the others have as much questions as I do for you.

Amar’e: Screw that! How long have I been out? Where were you four when those guys came and took her?!

Jett: (aggravated) I don’t appreciate that tone of voice you’re using kid.

Amar’e: I could care less right now.

Jett: Why I oughta-

Bruce: (Holds up hand to calm to signal Jett to calm down) You’ve been unconscious for nearly two hours now Amar’e. As for why we weren’t present to assist you with the two gentlemen that arrived earlier well…

(Huge panel of elaborate markings that make up a star shape, split with a panel of Bruce talking with his eyes closed)

Bruce: I’m sure you all noticed the force that kept you locked inside your dorms. Those were angelic seals. With the right markings, seals can be used to keep any specific person in or out. The one they used were for anyone who wasn’t of holy descent. We could have broken through the seals quicker but that would have required blowing up about a third of the dojo. We had to wait for Chuck to figure out exactly what the seal was for and for him to make a counter seal. He is quite adept with ancient angelic literature.