Chapter 15

(Matthew was out cold as were Anthony and Amar’e. Dominic and Luke both stood up and looked at each other.)

Luke: We aren’t going to have a problem are we Dom?

Dominic: Nope, not at all unless you want one.

(They stared off for a second before turning away from each other.)

(Destiny’s couldn’t believe what she had witnessed. Axel, who was one of the strongest non-divine individuals she had ever seen, was taken out by a punch from a mere boy who had hardly any martial arts expertise. Then that boy was struck down by another as if he were a simple punching bag.)

Luke: Oy!

(Destiny turned towards Luke who had his arms crossed as he watched her with a stern face.)

Luke: (Growls) Don’t you ever even think about trying something like that again.

Destiny: What are you talking about?

Luke: You were ready to try and stab your sword through me and that prick. You can do what you want but never attempt to hurt me ever again.

(Destiny’s nonchalant attitude wasn’t affected as he began to walk away from them. She watched him leave before she floated along the huge scar along the beach. She looked down at Amar’e and sighed as she landed next to him.)

Destiny: Amar’e?

(She got no response as he remained unconscious.)

Destiny: This my fault isn’t it? ...I brought pain and suffering upon you and everyone that tried to make me feel welcome. (Clenches fist) I’m not helpful at all...I have all this power for no reason. I can’t even protect my friends or comrades. I almost got you killed twice and then… I was about to (trembles as the red on her began to turn back into the purple) I’m so sorry…for everything. I meant what I said before. I wished we could have spent more time together but I’m too dangerous to be around. So don’t be upset when you wake up…I want this. This is thank you and…goodbye.

(Destiny kneeled down and kissed Amar’e on the side of the cheek before she used her wings and flew off. A feather slowly drifted from the sky and landed on Amar’e’s nose. He stirred a bit before slowly and weakly opening his eyes.)

Amar’e: Destiny…

**

(Luke had just finished checking himself a second time for any injuries he may not have noticed yet. He now stood thinking about where he’d go off to. Deciding he’d see where the road takes him, Luke began walking towards the highway before he heard a voice call to him.)

Layla: (Out of breath) Luke! Where are you going?

Luke: Don’t know and it doesn’t matter to you.

Layla: It does matter! Why are you being so difficult?

Luke: Call it being “difficult”; call it being over protective, you can call whatever you want but my reasons for leaving. I don’t expect you to understand.

Layla: Then help me understand!

(There is a pause.)

Layla: (Looks down) I-I-I don’t want you to leave okay! Despite you being the biggest jerk I’ve ever met, I know you aren’t a bad person at all and…you are the first boy I… (Blushes and rubs her arm) I think that I have ever really liked. So please don’t go…

(Luke had his back to her and didn’t move a muscle during the entire time. Layla held her left arm and her cheeks were red as she looked extremely embarrassed.)