One In A Million

Hiccup suddenly found it hard to breathe. It felt like all the air in his lungs were eing sucked out of him. Not in a million year would he have guessed that's why Tyrin was so terrified of dragons. He didn't want to believe it, he couldn't believe it. He'd befriended Toothless and Toothless befriended him, he couldn't even begin to imagine his dragon hurting anyone, let alone killing them...especially not in the way Tyrin's friend was.

"I know you doubt it Hiccup...you probably don't even believe me." Tyrin muttered, Hiccup had watched tyrin as she told her story, pouring her life out to him, expressing her feelings. She explained things so clearly and so in detail that he started to get his old fear of dragons again.

"Well it's kind of hard to Tyrin. I mean I trained Toothless..."

"But not since he was first hatched. You don't know what he used to be like before you shot him out of the sky." Tyrin took a seat on a near by boulder, pulling her legs close to her chest.

Tyrin had a point, but Hiccup refused to agree with her. "How do you know it was him? How can you be sure?"

"Well I do know it was a nightfury, it had a distinct marking on it's back leg though."

"Toothless doesn't have any markings." Hiccup started to have hope that Toothless was inocent, for some reason Hiccup knew his dragon was not to blame for Tyrin's best friend's murder. "Well lets go look." Tyrin said walking back the way they came.

***********************************************************************************

Once they were back in the village Hiccup found Toothless on the top of his house, "C'mere Toothless." His ears perked up like a dogs at the sound of Hiccup's voice. Jumping down to the ground Toothless walked towards Tyrin. She still had the fear of him, her chest started to rise and fall at a quick pace. "It's okay." Hiccup comforted her, placing a hand on her shoulder. His eyes reassured her that everything would be okay. Taking catious steps towards Toothless, Tyrin slowed her breathing and started to calm herself like she used to when she had nightmares as a child. Reaching out a hand she placed it inbettween Toothless's forhead, the way Hiccup guided her to. The dragon's skin was rough and scaly, just like Tyrin thought it would, but it also had a sleek texture to it. Toothless had his eyes closed, as if reading Tyrin's mind he opened them, staring at each other for a few minutes it was if they came to a silent understanding. Tyrin suddenly had no fear of the dragon in front of her. Something about Toothless made her trust him, that's when she knew it wasn't him who killed her friend, she didn't need to look for any marking. She knew it wasn't Toothless.

But if it wasn't Toothless, then that meant there was another dragon out there. one that would kill without blinking an eye. Chills ran down Tyrin's spine, even though she knew Toothless wouldn't kill anyone, she still had the fear of all the other dragons. No matter what Hiccup tried to say, Tyrin's brain couldn't get over the fact that there were hundreds of other dragon's...Toothless was one in a million.