Chapter 4

When we got home, Kiera and I struggled to get to my room. Being in a wheelchair is not as easy as it looks. My grandfather went to the guest room to most likely continue sleeping.
"After track," I started to explain. "My mom and I were crossing the street to get to parking. I was telling her how I don't want to get ice cream after track anymore. She tried to push me out of the way but I heard this huge crunch and a loud scream. The truck driver got out and called 911. I'm not sure what happened after then. I passed out."
"Wow. Sounds intense. Do you want to sleep? My mom can pick me up if you want."
"No it's ok. I'm not really tired anyways." That was a lie. All I wanted was for this day to be over, my leg to not be broken, and everything to be back to normal.
"Well ok. What do you want to do until it's time to go to bed?"
"We could play a board game."
Kiera's face immediately lit up. She ran to my closet to go our favorite game: Monopoly. This was the game that we always played whenever we were together since we had learned how to play. As soon as we set the game up, we began to play.
After a few hours, the game was over. Kiera had won, like always. We were both so tired that she decided to just sleep over my house. She called her mom to say goodnight. We changed into pajamas and went downstairs to watch a movie.
We had a ritual that we would watch either a cartoon/ Disney movie or a serious, PG-13 movie. This time, it was a Disney movie. Kiera and I decided to watch my personal favorite, Beauty and the Beast. By the time the movie was over, it was 11 o'clock. After my long day, I was so tired. We once again struggled up to my room and saw that my grandfather had set up my trundle bed. Keira rolled me to his guest room across the hall and I gave him a kiss goodnight.

There's nothing like a best friend by your side. ~Katie