Chapter 2

When I woke up, I was on a stretcher being wheeled away. I looked up at saw a nice-looking lady standing above me.
"She's awake!" She shouted. Another ambulance worker came over and started asking me questions. I wasn't really sure of what she said, I just knew she was talking.
"Where's my mom?" I said suddenly. They were surprised and quickly looked at each other.
"The first ambulance already took her." By this point, I was being wheeled into what I now knew to be the second ambulance, and people had started to come over and stare. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my best friend Keira looking at me. She kind of just stood there in shock but could tell that I would explain things to her later. In the ambulance, the two women began taking my vitals and asking me more questions. Slowly and shakily I began answering what I knew had happened.
"We were walking over from the track field. My mom looked over and the next thing I knew I was on the ground. I heard this crunch and then a shriek and the guy driving the truck called 911. Then I blacked out. Will my mom be ok?"
Again, they looked at each other as if wondering how to say what they had to say encouragingly.
"We didn't see much of your mom before she got on the ambulance, but we think that your mom will live. Now what is your name sweetie?" I could tell they were just trying to distract me but maybe that was a good thing.
"My name is Isabelle May Harrison. I'm 13 years old."
"Ok Isabelle. My name is Anya. Let me tell you what's going to happen in the next few hours. We're going to arrive at the hospital in about 5 minutes. When we get there, you're going to be given some laughing gas. After you fall asleep, the doctors are going to preform a big surgery on your leg. The truck drove over your leg and damaged a few things including breaking your entire leg. After your surgery, your going to get a cast on your leg. What's your favorite color?"
"I like pink."
"Well Isabelle, you are in luck because that can be arranged for your cast color." By that time, we had reached the hospital but I didn't even notice. The only things I could focus on were
1) will my mom be ok and
2) my whole leg is broken. How will I run track?
"Goodbye Isabelle! You'll do just fine." The hospital workers rushed over and held a tank in front of my face. I felt myself getting sleepier and sleepier until finally, I drifted away into darkness once again.

Hola! I hope you liked this chapter. Let me know what you think in the comments! ~Katie