Chapter 16

More time passed and my leg continued to get even stronger. I could now walk without crutches or a cane and I got my cast off. I went back to gym and track practices although I continued going to pt so I would eventually be able to run like I used to.
At my first few track practices, I slowly jogged the track twice. After five practices, I started running faster and faster. Finally I was allowed to run in races again.
The big day came. It was both my first track race since the accident and Mike's first race ever. I was warming up since it isn't a good idea to sit still. Mike's race was up first. When the gun blew, I started cheering his name as loud as he could. Slowly, he began creeping forward and passed them all winning the race. He came over to me, gave me a hug, and wished me luck since my race was next.
I walked to the starting line ready to win. The gun blew. I started running as fast as I could. I got through the first lap. Halfway there, I thought in my head. Closer and closer I came to the finish line. I was leading but only by a little bit. Suddenly, I felt pain in my leg as the person next to me shoved past me. I felt down, my leg crying out to me in pain. My vision got blurry and my hearing slowly went away as I saw my grandparents and Mike running towards me.