Are you ok?

Shizuo sat in the back seat holding Izaya close as he mom drove fast to the hospital. Luckily she didn't get pulled over.

" I don't think he is going to make it mom. His breathing is really slow." His tears ran down his cheeks again as the rested on Izaya's face.

"He'll make it! " she drove even faster with her hazard light flashing telling other drivers something was wrong.

A cop car began chasing her down to see what was wrong then realized she pulled into the hospital parking lot. She pushed the door open quickly and picked up Izaya. The police man got out of his car and followed them seeing how bad Izaya looked. Shizuo was right next to his mother closer to Izaya. They burst into the hospital. The doctors rushed Izaya into the hospital room. Shizuo paces back and forth stressed out in the hall as his mom sat in a chair against the wall still in her sleepwear. The police man was talking to her but she couldn't answer much. The doctors were pulling glass from Izaya's sides. Some pieces bigger than others. Some was stuck in his skin for weeks around his rib cage. They managed to get all the pieces from hours of careful operation. The doctor left the room throwing away his bloody gloves.

"He is really weak from loss of blood and lsck of food, we pulled out a lot of glass from beer bottles. I take it he is a abused subject. He is lucky to have you guys." He looked at Shizuo and Shizou's mother with a smile. "He will be alright. He should be waking up soon. You can go in and see him."

Shizuo was the first one in the doors and ran to Izaya's side sitting down quickly. He was excited to see Izaya wake up. The doctors were cleaning up around them. Shizou's mother walked in slowly after the police man had left. She sat beside Izaya on the opposite side texting on her phone telling her husband everything was going to be alright. Izaya groaned and opened one eye the other one was swollen and bruised it would only open half way.

"Hello!!" Shizuo said rather loudly with a smile.

Izaya just looked at him tiredly seeing nothing but a blurry figure. His arms were bandaged up as well as his neck, stomach and chest. He looked like he hadn't had food in weeks. His lips were dry and cracked a little. He moved a shaky hand to brush a tear from Shizuos face.

"S....Shizuo-chan...." Izaya spoke softly. His hand fell back down but Shizuo held it gently.

"Your safe no one will hit you. I promise. Never again. Mom can he stay with us. Please." He looked at his mom with a serious face tears running down his cheeks.

"Ah.... Well I'll have to talk to your dad about that. Shizuo I have never seen you act like this. You really care about him don't you?" She looked at Shizuo with a serious yes confused look. Shizuo only nodded.

"Yes... I...I ah.... I love him. I want to take care of him." Shizuo said seriously and looked down at Izaya who was now laughing. "Why the hell are you laughing." He snapped out of his emotions and looked down at Izaya who was laughing quietly.

"I...I make mistakes. Why me. I'm weak. I...." He was hushed by Shizuo

"Ya, says your father but that's not what I think. I don't care what you did. All those years of telling lies. Izaya your not a mistake. Your a gift." Shizuo said with a smile

Mrs. Heiwajima stood up and told her son good night "I'm going to go home and get some sleep. I'm sure you two will be alright here. I'm leaving my phone with you. Don't break it." She left with a chuckle.

Shizuo nodded half asleep. Izaya had already gone back to sleep before Shizuo did and he laid his head on the bed gently. The next time he woke up it was Shinra shaking his shoulder roughly calling his name quietly. He wanted an explanation and a quick one at that.

"Shizuo wake up! Wake up! What happened to Izaya?! " Shinra asked loudly this time with wide eyes as Shizuo was waking up slowly.

"Shut up you will wake him. He is from an abusive home. His father beat the shit out of him. He would be dead if it wasn't for me. Ya wanna take turns? He can stay at my house then yours. Alright? My mom is still thinking about him living with us. He sure isn't going to go back there" He sighed resting his hand in Izaya's bandaged one.

"Well sure he can stay with me. Hopefully my dad won't want to cut him open." He looked down at Shizuo. "So I was right. You love him?!!." He laughed loudly waking Izaya up who sat up to quickly as if he had a bad dream.

"Great idiot you woke him up!!! He has only been asleep for an hour! " he watched as Izaya grabbed his ribs and began coughing trying to catch his breath. "Hey its alright no one here will hurt you we just want to help you. Remember Shinra?"

Izaya looked at Shizuo in alarm realizing where he was. Then looked at Shinra. He hugged his knees to his chest burying his face in them. He was embarrassed and he didn't want to be touched but Shizuo sat on the bed and hugged his shaking body. Izaya soon relaxed and crawled into Shizuo's lap his head listening to Shizuo's heart beat. He felt at ease and closed his eyes knowing Shizuo rwouldn't hit him. The nurse came in frightening Izaya and he pulled away from Shizuo as the nurse sunk a needle into Izayas arm. He yelped and flinched wanting to run and find a place to hide. Shizuo rubbed Izaya's back calming him down. Shinra sat down so they were all at eye level.

"I... I don't want to be here... I...I want to go home. I want to hide." Izaya whispered as Shizuo put a blanket around Izay's shaky body. "Why don't you hit me?" He asked looking at Shizuo.

" I won't hit you. No need to. Your not bad. And well I love you Izaya. Like I said your no mistake. I'm going to take you home later today and take care of you. Doctor says you need rest. I can carry you." Shizuo said with a smile.

Izaya just nodded and kept quiet. He listened to Shinra and Shizuo talk. They discussed plans on taking care of Izaya he didn't notice he was smiling to have friends for the first time. It felt good. He didn't have to hide from them and he knew it.