Dreams vs reality

Shizuo sat in the waiting room like a child. He was on the floor back against the wall hugging his knees. He was a mess horrified at the look of Izaya. He was broken. Celty had a arm around Shizuo trying to get him to calm down. Shizuo's eyes were red from crying, Shinra just walked back and forth talking to himself. Izaya had gone into a deep sleep. He had lost so much blood his body went into shock and shut down. The doctors were performing surgery as Shizuo and his friend were in the waiting room. The car had not only hit Izaya but ran over his arm and leg. Shizuo was the one shaking with both rage and fear. He was terrified. For once his weakness over powered his strength. Helpless and lost.

[ Shizuo you should probably stay the nights with us. Ok?] Celty typed in her phone, Shizuo only nodded.

Everything seemed so slow. Like it had all stopped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Izaya's body had slipped into a coma. For how long no one knows. But his mind was very much awake. He found himself standing in a ball room. It was empty and he was in a white suit. He looked down at himself not understanding where he was or what was going on. To him it was real. His new reality but in the real world it was all a dream. He looked up hearing his name. He saw a shadow like figure that told him to follow. So he did. He ran after the man he could not see like Alice going after the white rabbit. When he left the ball room he was outside in a field. His clothing changed. He wore baggy jeans and a loose t shirt. The shirt smelled like Shizuo. His head killed him and he closed his eyes for a moment. The strange figure called his name again. Telling him to follow. Izaya did as he was told.

"Where are we going? Tell me your name?" Izaya yelled at the figure.

The figure only smiled and kept running. The man that Izaya could not identify. For he wore a cloak and the hood covered his facial features. He could see the mans lips tho they seemed to smile mocking Izaya. Of corse this angered the raven a lot.

"Slow down I....I can't keep up!" Izaya yelled collapsing and laying down in the field. He was out of breath.

The figure stood over him sadly like the game was over. Izaya had passed out before the figure. When he woke. He was in his room. He was alone. As if everyone he knew had vanished. But this was his old house. When he was in high school. He herd crying in another room. So he followed it. Seeing himself getting beaten with a pole. A man yelling loudly at his younger self. His father? Yes..... So this is the man. Izaya closed his eyes wishing to forget the memory. He opened them again finding himself in Shizuo's room. He recognized it instantly. Shizuo's closet was his favorite place to hide despite the dirty clothes on the bottom of it. It was good to curl up on top of. Izaya sighed feeling lost. Where was Shizuo? No where to be found. Izaya walked through Shizuo's empty house and down the street. No one was here. The town was silent. Not a single noise from anyone. The shadow figure stood in front of him again. Izaya pushed his hands irritatedly in his pockets. Looking down was his winter jacket and grey t shirt, black skinny jeans.

"Who are you? Where am I? Nothing makes sense.... Is this real?" Izaya asked the figure who in return said nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shizuo lay in the guest room he hugged Izaya's winter jacket close to him as if Izaya was curled up inside it. It had been a week since Izaya had slipped into a coma. Shizuo came daily each time the raven looked worse. Pumped with medication and tubes. Shizuo spent hours calling him and telling him about his work and daily life. If it weren't for Celty or Shinra. He would have never left Izaya's bed side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Izaya ran along the roof tops chasing the figure. It was just the two of them alone. And Izaya didn't want to be alone. So he stuck with this stranger that only spoke his name.