[16] Sleep Paralysis

Happy reading xx

-Alyssa's POV-

"Joan, you should go home." I suggested before getting off the floor, numbly.

She nodded at me sympathetically before walking out the front door. She turned her head one last time before throwing a sad smile at me and closing the door.

I walked up to my room and slipped under my comforters. I heard the front door slam shut.

I didn't care anymore. So done with whatever bullshit game they we're trying to play. Not long after, i drifted to sleep.

***************************

The bright morning sunlight seeped through my blinds, waking me up. I tried stretching but I couldn't move my arms. I tried kicking around but my legs stayed where it was.

Why couldn't I move?

I tried yelling for someone, anyone but my voice seemed to have left me.

Fear overtook my body as I struggled to move. Sweat coated my forehead as I tried letting out a cry for help.

Suddenly, I saw it.

A figure, dark figure with terrifying eyes. It was on top of me. Its hands pinning my own to the bed. Its legs, straddling mine. I started shaking in fear as I struggle even more.

Oh God, I'm going to die.

My door swung open as Jen ran in. She jumped on my bed and I felt it go away.

I immediately sat up and gasped for air, desperately inhaling as much as I could. I used the back of my hand to pat the sweat off my forehead.

"Lyssa?" Jen asked, scared.

I closed my eyes and placed my palm over my eyes. Sucking in a deep breath, I tried controlling my tears from spilling.

"Lyssa." Jen yelled and shook me.

I removed my hands from my face and glanced at Jen. I engulfed her into a hug, afraid to lose her too.

"Lyssa, your eyes are red." Jen commented and poked the side of my eyes.

"I know Jen." I smiled softly at her.

*************************

"They opened a grocery store down the street next to the hardware store. You won't miss it. All you have to do is take a left after Ada's house and go all the way." Mom instructed and handed me the list of groceries she needed.

"Got it."

The glass door slid opened as I walked through it. The store was pretty large.

I walked around and got mom what she needed.

"Alyssa!" someone called.

I turned around to come face to face with a greek god looking guy. Green eyes, brown hair styled into a perfect quiff. Perfect jawline. He was wearing a tank top which showed off his tanned muscular arms.

"Hi, I'm Grayson." He smiled, dimples popping out.

"Wait, how do you know my name?"

How did he know my name?

I had half a mind of running before he answered.

"The back of your shirt."

Oh.

I was wearing a shirt with Alyssa written in bold letters on top of a number 18.

"Right. Hi." I laughed-ish. It was an awkward laugh.

"So, do you live nearby? Am I creeping you out? I'm so sorry. You looked my age so I thought mayb-"

"It's okay." I cut him off and smiled.

"To answer your question, yes I do stay nearby."

"Oh cool. I came to visit my grandmother. Not sure if you know her since it's such a tiny neighbourhood. She stays at 8306 Lane Street 5/8. Her name's Ada."

"Oh yeah I do know her."

"Cool, so I'll see you around." He waved and jogged to the check out counter.

Damn. He's cute.

I got all the stuff and paid for it before walking home.

On my way home, I walked under an old tent and felt something drip on my arm. Assuming it was dirt water, I continued walking.

Drip

Drip

Drip

It continued.

I stopped and observed my arm. That was when I realised the liquid that dripped on my hand wasn't dirt water. It was blood.

I looked up from under the tent I walked under. I screamed. I stayed frozen on the ground. I couldn't move. I was too afraid. I kept staring.

Hanging above me was a dead body. Peeling, rotting flesh. Blood dripping. Cuts over the face and body. Opened eyes, rolled to the back of the head.

That wasn't the worst part. The worst part was the person looked like Jen.

==============================

A/N:- How was chapter 16? Do you think it's just Alyssa seeing things or did they really do something horrible to Jen? It's kinda short. I know. I didn't have time. I wrote this chapter in school and quickly edited it for you guys. Have any of you ever experience sleep paralysis? Tell me how it felt.

Thank you @tWisTed_dOll for skimming through my draft

Sorry, I had to include a cute guy. Let's all be real here. Alyssa needs a boyfriend. So why not a drool worthy one?

Also, the reason I included Grayson was because I felt like the story revolved too much around the haunting thing and Alyssa needed to live a normal life as well. Uh, as normal as she possibly can.

Stay tuned to find out more. Anyway, as mentioned before, feel free to give constructive criticism. Leave a comment and drop me a vote before moving on to the next chapter. Don't be a silent reader, direct message me what you think xo.

-QueenWei