[11] Neighbour

Happy reading xx (unedited)

-Alyssa's POV-

Greed.

That's why we were living in this house. They must've tricked mom into buying this house because I remembered clearly mom showing me a beautiful flyer which was supposed to be our house.

I was walking home when something occurred to me. Our neighbours. The old couple who lived beside this house.

Let's just say I had to walk pretty far to our 'neighbours' house. It was a 5 minute walk.

The house looked pretty similar to ours except theirs were gated with high fences so I couldn't really see the inside.

I rung the doorbell and waited. Suddenly, the gates opened. I walked inside. The porch was beautiful with a huge fountain in the middle. The ground was scattered with mini stones along a pathway leading straight to the door.

"You must be Alyssa. I heard you moved into that house." The old lady pointed at our house. It looked quite near but it isn't. Really it isn't.

"Yes. My family and I just moved there a few weeks ago." I answered.

"Do you mind if I ask a few questions?" I asked, nervously.

"Not at all. Come on in."

She led me into her house. It looked nothing like our house. Our house was plain and quite run down whereas this house was modern with a slight touch of elegance. The large picture frame of the sunset gave the house a homely look.

Being the curious person I am, I walked around the house, fascinated by everything. There was a glass case that displayed many pictures. One picture caught my attention.

"Uhh..Mrs.." I trailed off. I didn't know her name.

"Call me Ada." she smiled.

"Alright. Just wondering, who is this girl and boy in the picture?" I asked pointing at a picture which consisted of Ada, most probably her husband, a younger man and woman and two kids.

"Right. That's the previous owners of your house." Ada smiled, looking far away probably thinking about the good times.

"That's me, my husband, Carolyn, Finn, Freddy and Rebecca." She continued.

Finn? That's new.

"I'm guessing you already know that your house had been burnt down and rebuilt then abandoned due to paranormal activities?" Ada asked. I nodded my head.

"Of course you do. It in the news. Has anything happened to you?" She asked.

"Yes actually. Someone keeps disturbing me. I'm guessing it's Rebecca. But these past few weeks, nothing has happened. Except when I was in school earlier."

Ada sighed.

"Sweet sweet Rebecca. Let me tell you a story." She smiled sadly and sat me down on one of the silk couches.

"Finn, the man in the picture, was Carolyn's husband. Finn is the biological father of Freddy and Rebecca." Ada said and walked to the glass cabinet to show me the picture.

"If you look closely, you can actually see the resemblance between Freddy and Finn. Like father like son. Whereas Rebecca was basically a carbon copy of Carolyn. Like mother like daughter." She smiled sadly.

"Unfortunately, Finn passed on a few years after Freddy was born which meant Rebecca was only 6. Finn had died due to Leukaemia. It could've been treated but his disease was spreading at the speed of light. His white blood cells overtook every single red blood cell in his body. It was abnormal because it doesn't normally happen this fast, but his did. Due to overproduction of white blood cells and lack of red blood cells, his heart could not get enough oxygen." I swore I saw Ada shed a tear.

"He was like my son. About 2 years later, she met Xavier. You already know him don't you? Its in the article. Carolyn and Xavier never got married. They just dated but Carolyn always told the kids that Xavier was their new daddy. They believed. Xavier was actually the devil's child. He sold his soul to the devil but Carolyn didn't see that. I noticed when they walk home school, they would have bruises on their face or arms. They used to tell me Xavier hit them."

"That day when Carolyn went on her holiday, the fire started. You already know that." I nodded.

"You said Rebecca is after you?" Ada asked.

"I assume. I'm not 100% sure. But she is the only girl after all."

"Sweet dear Rebecca. She was the sweet little girl who would tie her hair in pigtails everyday and greet you with missing front teeth. She was raised and taught to be a lady. Carolyn raised her to be prim and proper. But after Xavier came into their lives, Rebecca changed. So did Freddy. But Freddy was too young."

That explains why. Freddy was too young that's why his spirit seems less powerful whereas Rebecca's was stronger. I've never actually felt anyone else.

"Where's Carolyn now?" I asked.

"I don't know. After she returned from her holiday, she got the news that the house had burnt down with the three people she loved dearly in it. After that, she disappeared. No trace of her was left behind. She didn't even go to their funeral. I tried contacting her many times but her calls always went to voicemail and she eventually cut her number." Ada was sobbing at this point.

I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her. While holding Ada in comfort, I tried processing all the information I gathered today.

"Oh yeah, one more thing you have to know." Ada said and pulled away from me.

I sat down on the sofa opposite and listened carefully.

"Carolyn is capable of contacting with the spirit world. The thing I do not understand until today is, if she knew about spiritual stuff, how could she not know Xavier sold his soul to the devil? Shouldn't she be able to see it?"

I felt dizzy. Too much.

I have to find Carolyn.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N:- How was chapter 11? Testing my medical skills up there *wiggles eyebrows*. So how did I do? Am I qualified to be a doctor yet? Jokes. ;) This chapter *sighs* so much new information. Finn? wow. Phew, that was a long chapter; i think HAH! Hope you enjoyed it x

Stay tuned to find out more. Anyway, as mentioned before, feel free to give constructive criticism. Leave a comment and drop me a vote before moving on to the next chapter. Don't be a silent reader, direct message me what you think xo.

-QueenWei