•SIX•

Hayes' POV

I was on my way home from talking with the guys about the whole Adam situation, and was already tired and stressed from the things that I'd found out today.

One of my closest friends lied to me about pretty much everything, I have to tell him I can't hire him now, and now I have to find out more things about him.

I sped home, wanting to get there as fast as possible because once again I'm tired, and I just want to get it over with and find out other unknown things about this guy.

I parked in the garage and walked inside of the house.

Danica was laying on the couch, doing something on her computer, while Audrey was coloring in a coloring book with her crayons on the glass coffee table in front of the couch.

"Hey babe, how was your day?" I walked up behind the couch and kissed Danica's cheek. "Good. How about you?" "Tiring."

I leaned my elbows on the back of the couch. 

"What are you doing?" I asked "Emailing and old friend, trying to set up a photoshoot in Milan." "Milan?" "Yeah. I want us to all go. It's been a while since we've all gone on a family vacation."

"That sounds great, I just need to check my schedule because there is a lot going on right now." "Ok."

I got up and walked to my office.

I sat down in the chair in front of my desk and looked through my emails.

I had gotten one from Shawn, giving me Adam's background checks, all I had to do was print them out.

I waited for them to download and print, and when they finally did, I was very surprised at what I saw.

He didn't finish high school or go to college, he has a criminal record, has gone to jail many times, has a past with drugs, and way more bad things I don't even want to mention.

I set down the papers on my desk, sat back in my chair, and let out a sigh.

I heard a knock on the door and looked back to see Danica standing in the doorway, with Audrey on her hip.

"You ok?" She asked

"Yeah, just work stuff." I said while running my hand through my hair.

"oh," She walked up next to me and looked down at the papers.

"Audrey wanted you to put her to bed." She said while still scanning through the papers.

"Ok." I said while standing up and taking her out of Danica's arms.

"Is everything ok?" I asked "Yeah. It's fine." I said while carrying Audrey out of the room and up the stairs to her room.

I read her a quick bedtime story, tucked her in, kissed her fore head and told her goodnight.

I went back to the office and Danica was standing there where I left her last, still looking at the papers.

"Hayes, what is this?" She asked while holding up the papers.

"Background checks for Adam." "You mean the one that was over the other day?" "Yeah."

"He did all of this?" She seemed surprised and disappointed. "Are you sure this is the Adam we know?" She asked while crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yes. He lied about everything in that job interview. That's one reason not to hire him, I barley know him, and we don't need anyone else in charge at Tucker's. Everything is fine just the way it is now, and it's been fine that way... I don't want anything to do with him anymore."

"Ok. If that's what you want to do, tell the guys and.. Break the news to him." She suggested "

"I will." I sighed

She wrapped her arms around my torso, giving me one of her famous hugs that I love so much.

I wrapped my arms tightly around her, too, savoring the moment. No matter how many of these I'm able to get a day, I love every one of them.

"I love you so much." I reminded her while swaying our bodies back and forth "I love you, too." She said into my chest.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I'm actually in love with the last part of this chapter... I feel very proud of myself
:')

Once again, thank you guys so much for everything. Leaving comments, voting for books, just anything. Honestly seeing that I got a comment or something makes my day, so thank you.

Also, thank you for putting up with all of my "I'll update soon" crap, but you guys are probably like "Yep... I'll read the next part of this chapter in two weeks. 😐" I literally hate myself for doing that because it's a terrible thing to do.

I LOVE YOU ALL AND YOU ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL AND TALENTED AND GREAT AND FANTASTIC PEOPLE!!!!!

~Nemo🐠