•TWENTY•

A Week Later

I was at my old high school with Collin, helping him coach the JV girls basketball team.

Audrey and my dad were out at the zoo, spending time together. They've been getting along so well, and it makes me so happy because I didn't know how my dad would take all of this. I thought he'd be more on the disappointed side than on the supportive side.

We were practicing with two on two games to help the girls with their defense and teamwork skills, because they all pretty much hate each other.

I was watching one of the games when someone walked into the gym.

I looked over to see a tall familiar man. He had dark brown hair, a sharp jawline, bright, hazel eyes that you could see from where I was sitting eyes, and he obviously worked out.

I thought for a second and his name came to mind

Dylan Masters.

My high school crush.

The guy I dreamed about all throughout high school.

"Is that Dylan Masters?" I leaned over and asked Collin "Yeah, he helps me coach girl's basketball."

"Hey, Collin and.... Danica?" He looked at me closely "Is that you? Oh my gosh!" A big smile grew on his face "Yep, it's me.. Danica." I awkwardly laughed "Wow, I haven't seen you in years. You just dropped out of high school and that was the last I heard of you." "Actually, I had some stuff going on, so I had a valid reason to move away." I said a little quieter.

"What kind of drills are we doing next?" Dylan asked "Probably just passing and shooting. They need the work." Collin muttered that last part to himself and I rolled my eyes "And yet you're not any better." I teased him "Yeah I am." He assured me "You didn't even play basketball." I protested "But I coach it, don't I?" "You bug the hell outta me." I said to him "I'm your brother, it's my job." I rolled my eyes and focused back in on practice.

-

I was outside of the gym, getting a drink of water when I felt someone towering over me. It's Collin, I know it. I can see his hair in the shadow.

"Collin, if you're going to scare or dump water all over me, please don't. I just got my hair done, and I'd like it to stay done." I said then stood up and turned around, seeing that it wasn't Collin, but instead, Dylan.

I could feel my face heat up and my stomach start to turn from embarrassment.

"You're not Collin." I said, obviously embarrassed "Nope, and I would never do that stuff to you." He laughed "That's good to know," I laughed

"Where'd Collin go, anyways? He's my ride, and practice is over and stuff." "I think he's in the gym." "Ok." I turned around, but was immediately stopped "Wait a second," He said and I turned back around "I was just wondering if you wanted to go out sometime? Maybe sometime this week?" "Um, I'm actually married." I said hesitantly "I won't try anything, I promise. I just want to catch up." He said "Ok, how's like tomorrow night? I'm not doing anything then." I shrugged "That sounds good." He said with a smile.

〰〰

IM IMAGINING WHAT DYLAN LOOKS LIKE AND IM SO PRESSED LIKE YESS