•NINETEEN•

I released from the hug and looked up at him. He had his hands on my cheeks and I had mine hanging at my sides.

"It's been so long since I've seen you," He said with a shaky voice. He kissed my forehead and hugged me tight again.

"Oh yeah, I forgot you guys were coming." I heard Collin say from behind me. I looked up at him and he walked outside to help his mom get her stuff.

"It's been so long, how have you been?" My dad asked "I've been good, how about you?" "Well, I'm here and you're here, so let's just focus on that." He laughed.

We sat down on the couch and caught up with each other.

Kennedy, my stepmom, came into the room with her eyes locked on her phone screen and sat down on the edge of the couch.

"Hey, Kennedy." I looked over at her "Hi.. Danielle." I sat there for a second, thinking of a lot of very inappropriate things to say to her, but my thoughts were interrupted by a soft voice.

"Mommy, I'm hungry." Audrey walked in while rubbing her eyes, and her hair all over the place. She climbed onto the couch with me and curled up by my side, so she was snuggled into my side.

I looked up at my dad and he looked shocked "Is this?" He could barley finish his sentence "Yeah, I forgot to mention that I have a daughter... And I got married!" I said with a smile. I decided not to tell him about the one on the way cause I didn't want him to have a heart attack.

"She's your's?" He asked while pointing to Audrey "Mhm." I nodded "I'm a grandpa?" He asked with tears in his eyes "Yeah." I nodded, feeling myself come to tears again "Wow, this is a lot for one day." He laughed while wiping away a tear.

I picked her up so she was on my hip and brought her over to him.

"Audrey, this is your grandpa," I sat down next to him "And my dad." "I thought you said I didn't have grandparents?" She gave me a questioning look, and my dad gave me a confused look too.

"No, this is my dad. Some things were going on, and I wasn't sure at the time if I should tell you." I said while setting him down on my lap.

She crawled onto his lap, giving him a hug "I've never had a grandpa before," she admitted then sat down on his lap, so her head was resting on his shoulder.

I looked up at him and he was trying and failing to hold back his tears.

"Dad, I'm sorry." I said while trying to contain my tears "Why?" "I never told you about this, and I knew you wouldn't be proud. And I just thought you'd be mad at me, so I didn't come back or call or anything because the more I thought about you, the more I hated myself for leaving." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, hugging me close to his side, along with Audrey.

"Don't apologize," his voice was shaky, telling me that he was an emotional mess next to me "You don't have to make me proud or please me, I just want you to be happy, and I know you were happier leaving, and I understand that. I'm just glad that I can be here with you now." I wrapped my arm around him and Audrey.

"Don't cry, mommy." She said while kissing my cheek. I let out a small laugh along with my dad.

It's moments like these that make me forget all of the bad in the world.

〰〰〰

Ya like these lil moments so far?

Yeah, I really wanna start updating😂 I feel bad cause I'm taking a very small break from the book Possessive to work on this one and I left my other readers on a cliffhanger, but I've been updating this a lot, so idk Possessive always has my interest, too.

Hopefully the next chapter will be up soon if my second day of school isn't too annoying