•TWENTY-TWO•

I woke up with a small headache and the feeling of guilt wiped over me. Even though I stopped him and didn't feel anything for him, I still feel unfaithful.

I laid in bed for a while and watched as minutes went by on the clock. The only thing on my mind was Hayes and I's relationship.

I heard small footsteps skipping down the hallway to my bedroom "Mommy, grandpa made breakfast!" She said, obviously excited "He did?" I asked "Mhm, and I helped." She stood up tall "That's mommy's girl." I picked her up and gave her kisses all over her face while she giggled.

"Mommy?" "Yeah?" I asked while turning her around so she was facing me "When are you, me, daddy, and grandpa all gonna be together?" She asked, still with a big smile on her face "Soon." I said "When is soon?" She asked "I don't know." I shrugged "I miss him." She whined "We can call him today. Maybe after breakfast?" "Yay!" She shouted, full of excitement then hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her and cherished that moment because I just really needed a hug.

I picked her up and carried her downstairs to the kitchen where the smell of hash browns, grits, eggs, and bacon were coming from.

"You made hash browns?" I asked my dad while setting Audrey down "Yep, and my little chef helped my make them." He said while looking down at her "Always so helpful," I looked down at her with a smile and she giggled in response "And, they smell really good." I added "Thank you, mommy." She said then hugged one of my legs and I held her back.

She seems so much happier than before my dad came here, and that honestly just means so much.

-

I was in the living room, trying to get on FaceTime with Hayes on my Mac Book.

I hit the FaceTime button for the fourth time and after a few seconds, it finally said "connecting..."

A few seconds later, his face popped up on the screen.

"Hayes!" I said, obviously very happy "Hey, babe." He chuckled "Someone wants to talk to you." I said while getting up and bringing the computer to Audrey.

I walked in and she was playing a game on my phone "Audrey, I have a surprise for you!" I came in and showed her the computer screen. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped "Daddy!" She shouted at the sight of him,

"Hi, baby, how are you?" He asked Audrey "I made breakfast for mommy!" She said with a big smile "Really, what'd you make?" He asked, "Hash browns, bacon, grits, and eggs." "You taught her how to make hash browns and grits? You haven't made those in a long time." He said to me "Well, actually–" "Danica!" I heard Collin yell "Hold on a sec." I rolled my eyes.

I got up from the bed and walked downstairs to the living room and Collin was watching TV "Yes, Collin?" I asked "You know where dad went?" "What? no?" I shook my head "Oh, ok, I'll just call him." He said while flipping TV channels. I stood there for a minute, asking myself why he wastes my time like this.

I went back upstairs and Audrey and Hayes were in the middle of a conversation, so I sat down next to Audrey again and joined in.

-

I was laying on the couch with Collin, Audrey, my dad. We were all watching the movie Happy Feet and Audrey and Collin had already fallen asleep.

"Is there anything fun you wanna do while you're in town?" My dad asked "Well, Collin, Audrey, and I all went to the movie in the park on Friday." "We should do something like that. I just want to catch up a little more." "Yeah, we should do something." I said.

"Danica?" My dad asked "Hm?" I looked up at him "Who's Audrey's father?" He asked "A person, why?" I asked "I'd just like to have a long, stern talk with him." "Why?" "Because he stole my little girl from me." He sighed "Yeah, but for good reasons," he looked down at me "It's a very long story." "I wish I had just picked you up from basketball practice." He muttered

"Dad, what made you bring this whole conversation up?" I asked "I was just looking through some old picture albums and watched you grow up all over again, then the pages just stopped. I don't know, I was just thinking about you and whoever you left with." He said "Well, I'm here now." I rested my head on my dad's shoulder "And that's all that matters now," He put his arm around me "When am I gonna meet this guy, anyways?" "Audrey's father is out of her life." Before I even knew what was going on, I said something. Anything.

"He left you guys?" He asked with a concerned look "Well, we had a few disagreements, and there was just a lot going on." I said "Well, you know you can always call me if you need help." He said and kissed the top of my head "Thanks." I muttered, still mad at myself for what I said.

〰〰〰

I'm soooooo ready for this book, but I also really need to Update Possessive