Chapter 11

Previously on The Life of the Ocean

The next morning.

I woke up and saw that everyone else was already awake. They were all outside in a huddle.

"Hey guys, what's u-" what I all I got to say until I saw what was really going on.

On the sand was a body.

And it was no ordinary body, it was the body of one of my closest friends, and they now had a necklace looped around their fingers.

The person I saw was Chris's body smeared with blood.

Chapter 11

I fell to my knees.

How could this happen?

This isn't real, is it?

I started to cry.

"How did this happen?" I said between my sobs.

Skylaa kneeled down beside me and put her arm around me and embraced me.

"We don't really know," Skylaa said to me.

"He got out of the tent in the middle of the night and he never came back," Dylan stated.

"Yah, at around 2 Dylan wouldn't get his lazy ass up and I had to go and look for Chris," Nathan said while shooting a glance at Dylan.

"I can't help it I need my beauty sleep!" Dylan said.

That made a laugh come out of me.

"Okay enough making fun of me, how do we find out who killed Chris?" Dylan asked.

Everybody started to murmur while all I was dong was staring at the locket entwined in Chris's fingers.

I reached forward and started to removed the necklace from his fingers. I spoke up.

"Hey, any of you guys notice the necklace that was laced around his fingers?" I asked nobody in particular.

"Yah. I saw something like that. The necklace," were things that were being said.

I stood up and walked over to everyone else.

"What are we going to do? He's dead and we don't know who killed him. I just want to kill THEM!" I said.

"Michelle it's going to be -," Mackenzie got out.

"THEY HAD NO REASON TO KILL HIM! WHY WOULD THEY KILL HIM?! HE WOULD NEVER EVEN HURT A FREKIN' SPIDER! HE'S PICK UP THE DAM THING AND BRING IT OUTSIDE! WHAT THE FUCK!" I shouted.

"Michelle, calm down. It's going to be alright," Nathan said to me in a calming voice.

"NO IT'S NOT! HE WAS MY BEST FRIEND AND NOW HE'S DEAD BECAUSE OF ONE STUPID, DUMB PERSON! I JUST DON'T KNOW WHat to do. I've know him for so long. Who would kill hi-," I semi-shouted.

"I know Michelle, it will be okay," Nathan said rubbing his hands up and down my arms attempting to comfort me.

"I know it's just I am just so done with all of this. First me having to break up with Jorge and now losing my best friend?" I asked putting my fingers on the bridge of my nose and shaking my head."What curse has been put upon me? I just don't know what to do anymore," I said tears falling down my checks.