Chapter 19: Movies and A Haircut

A/N: Alright here is the dealio; this chapter will definitely be out late as I write this less than an hour from posting previously.  Thing is this chapter will be a trio. I have to write all six of the last chapters in trios and finished or else you guys just might murder me. Also I just got internet so I can’t reply to anything until at least Wednesday. Most likely I won’t post until I get at least 9 or 10 comments. Enjoy this heart-warming chapter!

Chapter 19

Upon returning home, Kayne started exercising partially involuntarily. Of course not before she ate half of the pantry but according to her she didn’t do that by herself. Bruce was a fat ass too, she claimed. With that she learned to run around the house as the beginning of her workouts to avoid Bruce’s punishment for that quip.

She learned in that first jog around the manor lot that it was extremely peaceful and took away from the fact that Bruce was chasing her. Sooner or later he gave up, but Kayne continued at a steady pace and enjoyed the snowy air. Puffs of air escaped her lips as she ran in jogging pants and a long-sleeved t-shirt. Her hair pulled back in a pony tail which still hit her thighs when set free from its confines.

Bruce promised her a hair cut and she was holding that to him. She ran while she waited for Bruce.

It gave her time to think, or not think at all. If she felt like thinking she thought about Christmas, and how in the world she was going to get presents. Maybe I can have Alfred buy Bruce’s and send Bruce for Alfred’s present. She snorted as she made the turn around the house. Bruce doesn’t shop, she chides with a laugh.

Maybe she could drive into town in one of Bruce’s cars. She knew how to drive. Not really, but she knew the basics of brake to stop, gas to go. Red means stop, green means go and orange means drive faster. Something like that.

Before she could put much though into the technical terms of the road, a voice snapped her out of her thoughts just before she was about to the round the corner to the side of the house.

“Kayne, come in! You are going to catch a cold! When did it start snowing?” Bruce calls from the front steps. Kayne turns around and breathes for a second as she thinks.

“Um, about an hour ago.” She replies, checking the sky. “Apparently it has been off and on snowing for days. It cleared up only today for us to leave the hospital I guess.”

“Well come on in, I have the scissors and sink ready for you.” Bruce orders, holding the door open for her. She jogs over to him and up the steps. He sticks his foot out as she enters. She stumbles over his foot but rights herself.

“That’s for calling me a fat ass.” He announces, closing the door. She huffs and pulls her hair out of it ponytail.

“Ok, I deserved that. I’m going to change into something not so warm. Where do you want me to meet you?” She asks, jogging to the stairs.

“I’m going to wash your hair in the sink, and then we can move to the TV room. So you can meet me in the kitchen after you change.” Bruce responds, heading to the kitchen as she walks up the stairs.

Kayne jogs to her room, and closes the door. She yanks off her long-sleeved shirt and shuffles through her clothing for a crap shirt. She pulls out an old white shirt that definitely wasn’t hers. She shrugs and pulls it on. It was big on her so it must have been Bruce’s. By big, she meant overflowing.

She tugs off her pants and exchanges it with a pair of fluffy worn shorts. “Ah, much better.” She hums as she leaves her room. She tiptoes downstairs, and moves into the kitchen. Bruce was fumbling around the kitchen with a towel in hand. Kayne didn’t really notice it before but he wore a similar crap shirt that she did.