Chapter 10: Let's Get This Started

Chapter 10

A/n: Holy Crap, over 150 votes! :O Thank you so much guys! I like all of you! : ) No more, no, not yet. Batman :D Anyway, the party might seem like an innocent punishment but crap will hit the fan so stay tuned. ;)

Disclaimer: No, Bruce is not mine; if he was I would probably never put this in the comics. Either way, Kayne is mine. You steal her and I screw you up, capuche?

“Kayne, you must start preparing for the party now if you want to be ready by the time it starts.” Alfred’s voice calls from the doorway. Kayne glances back at him from her sulking spot in the rafters.

 “My word! How did you get up there?” he questions, walking into her room with a dress bag and a box. He sets the bag and box down on the bed gently.

“Are you stuck? Do you need help? Are you scared of heights? Can you move? Do you need to me to call Master Bruce because preparations or not-” he begins rattling away with worry evident in his voice.

Kayne cuts him off with a slight smile. “Alfred, I am fine. The combination of being angry at ‘Master Bruce’,” She imitates British accent his voice at the end. “-and the itch of not being able to move finally got to me, so I ended up here to do a little exercises but more importantly to think.”

She gets up and limps to the curtains. Kayne slides down the drape but slips accidently landing on her arse.

Alfred rushes to her side to help her up without touching her still healing ribs. “Ouch!” She whines, testing her butt cautiously with her hand. “None of that climbing business for a while my dear Kayne; you will just interrupt the healing process.”  Alfred chides with a wave of his pointer finger. She feigns a glare but smiles.

“Sorry Alfred, I still don’t have a feel on my legs. The fall on the stairs really screwed up the healing process… I wish I was awake when the Joker touched me so I have some idea what he did to me.” Kayne answers quietly, staring at her hands.

 Alfred grabs the dress bag, and glances over at Kayne. “I am actually glad that you don’t recall it. I don’t want to know what that beast did to you.”

She nods, walking up the bed. “Do I seriously have to go to the party Alfred? I think I should be kept a secret to the ‘press’ a little longer. You know probably for eternity? That sounds like an excellent idea, let’s do that.” She comments dryly.

“You know that Master Bruce wants you to attend. You already went over this with him and rather loudly might I add. Don’t go to another parent for permission, it is rather rude. Now here is the dress Master Wayne picked out for you.” He replies, unzipping the body bag.

Kayne and Bruce had another argument over The Guest of Honor position when the decorations came in. The people here to help set up, gave the room they were arguing in sharp looks. It got to the point that they thought someone was being murdered. Kayne was finally banished to her room till the party.

 She stormed out; giving everybody she saw a death glare that could set them on fire. For one poor man it did whenever he stood to close to a candle without giving it much attention. Her face and neck were covered in a white head scarf, making her eyes and the bridge of her nose visible. She wore black jeans, and a long sleeve red shirt.

 People started wondering what the lovely Wayne’s daughter looked like and why they fought so much. From the quick glimpse of Kayne’s raging, fiery brown eyes that glared at everything in sight, they felt they knew why.

It didn’t help the rumors that Bruce supposedly beat her every night and morning to help numb the pain of his parents’ deaths. Somehow Quinn got an edited version of the tape out where she questioned him about her recovery and abuse. Of course Kayne now realized why Bruce was forcing this upon her. It is crowd control. To show them that his daughter is relatively safe from harm; my ass, Kayne snorts deep in thought.