Chapter 6: Confrontations

Chapter 6

Hey guys! I am looking for someone to play Kayne and a NEW COVER! Any suggestions? Also don't forget about Save Me, Mr Stark By Kelbug! Review, Vote and Reading lists! We must know who is better! Ironman or Batman? ;) easy answer.

Disclaimer: I only own Kayne. She is the only thing that is apart of me and belongs to me out of this story.

Bruce's POV

The letter sparks so many unknown emotions in me, but two stood out anger and another that I hadn’t felt in over two years; fear. “Alfred, prepare a guest room with no windows please, and make sure no entrances besides its own door is available.” I order, trying not to crush the letter in my palm. I needed to save it for evidence.

I take a deep breath and tuck it back in the envelope. “I do hope this room isn’t for me, sir.” Alfred replies sarcastically, trying to ease the tension.

 “No Alfred it isn’t for you. It’s for Kayne. I want her in your sights all night until I come home. Joker has his sights set on her. I need her safe while I am gone; when I get back she is staying in the room next to mine.” I reply heading up the stairs in the direction of the secret entrance to the Batcave.

The elevator couldn’t have gone any slower with the speed it is going. I tap my foot impatiently thinking that same line over and over again. Kayne will die, why would he tell me that if he knew I would just protect her and place her somewhere safe. How did he get in the house? He must have climbed in the window; I knew I should have bolted them shut.

Wait, that mans he knew where Kayne was all day. He could have taken her anytime today while she was studying but he didn’t.  He is trying to get to me, show me how many times he could have killed her. She hasn’t left the house since she got here. How does he even know about her? Nobody knows about her, yet somehow he found out about her.

When did he escape? Why did nobody notice? Why didn’t I know that he would try something like this? I kept beating myself up as the elevator finally came to a stop. I flip on the big computer screen and set it up to watch the news. From there I bag and tag the envelope for safe keeping later. I listen to the news report as I change into the Batsuit.

How long the Joker has been on the run is unknown as is his whereabouts, but the police may know how he escaped and are putting up precaution to prevent it from happening again. It has been announced that the past-thought to be hostage Dr. Harleen Quinzeel actually aided the dangerous Joker out of the asylum. Reasons unknown as to why but rumours are said to be because she was seduced by him and joined in his schemes.

A girl fitting Dr. Quinzeel’s description has been seen running around in a clown costume of red, white and black; wearing face paint closely resembling the Joker’s own. It has been announced that she calls herself Harley Quinn. Police Commissioner Gordon released a statement saying “The assistant Harley Quinn has been spotted armed and dangerous. She is mentally unstable and will harm if necessary. We have been tipped off of a sighting of the Joker down on WestBridge. So be wary and stay indoors, we will have the Joker apprehended soon.” 

I shut off the TV and flex my arms to get the blood moving. So the Joker has an accomplice. Part of me pities her, so far she hasn’t been charged with anything so maybe I could save her but another part of me knows it might be too late. I don the cowl, and grab the keys to the Tumbler.

I click the intercom button, “Alfred? How is she?” I ask concerned. I wait for a reply quietly before leaving, “She is shook up but fine and fast asleep.” I rev up the Tumbler and drive out. The tunnel entrance opens up and drops my off behind the mansion. I turn around and pull onto the highway.