Epilogue

Epilogue

*1 week later*

Bruce got the call that shook all of Gotham.

“Master Bruce, the police are on the phone. The Commissioner seems rather worried.” Alfred says from behind Bruce’s locked bedroom door.

“Tell him I’m out.” Bruce grumbles, setting down a glass of scotch.

“I tried, but he says…” Alfred hesitates, “He says it’s about Ms. Kayne.”

Bruce grabs his cane and hobbles out of his room to snatch the phone up. His listens in intently soaking the information up like a sponge. An anguished scream leaves Bruce throat as Commissioner rips his heart out.

Kayne never made it to the shelter, and has been officially missing for a few days now.

Bruce could never shake the feeling of hatred he got knowing it was his fault. Knowing who took her, and knowing he couldn’t save her.

*8 months after Bruce gave her up*

“I’m sorry Bruce but considering the circumstances the court’s decided. Kayne is now legally dead. The public doesn’t want to accept it either, but if what you claim is true and the Joker did take her… She’s dead.” Commissioner explains sorrowfully through the phone.

Bruce slams down the phone, and returns to his room without another word. He still had work to do. He was so close to finding Kayne, he could almost taste it. She wasn’t dead, he could just feel it.

*Two Days Later*

Breaking News: The Hunt for Kayne Wayne is Over

I wish we could say that headline with a greater joy but sadly today marks a horrifying discovery on the search for the daughter of Bruce Wayne.

She was kidnapped shortly after Christmas and her whereabouts have been unknown up to this point despite the searching of the entire city.

A Jane Doe was found on the river with no way to identify the body due the… state of the body. According to the Police, the entirety of the victim’s hair was shaved off. Her body mutilated beyond recognition.

By the looks of it, she was in fact tortured.

Blood DNA testing has come back to reveal the once Jane Doe to be Kayne Wayne.

Cause of Death, despite the multiple injuries, was determined to be drug overdose leading to cardiac arrest. Multiple drugs were found in her system, along with a few poisons.

The Police are looking for the murder. Thanks to his casting card, they know who did this horrendous crime. The Joker, mass serial killer, left his infamous smile cut into her face.

Any tips on The Joker’s whereabouts can be left at the Tip Hotline. Kayne’s funeral has been opened to the public, and will be held at Wayne Manor. Bruce Wayne hasn’t been seen for a month, and has refused to say anything on the subject but we understand.

May I be the first to say “Let’s catch this bastard.”

Signing off, Emily Mortician

(THE END)

Help Me, Mr. Batman:  6/5/12 – 12/13/13

Nobody’s Hero: A Sequel to Help Me Mr. Batman, publish date March 1, 2014. Please watch the video on the side for more information.